Hi hi! 👋

jayjay

Hi all. I'm a mom from Michigan with 7 kids 😯 (2 step, 2 birth, and 3 adopted). My 3 adopted kiddos have extra needs. I have been a writer since childhood, but the past few years I let caring for my extra needs kiddos sideline me from writing. Recently I went through some health challenges due to a car crash, as well as a terrible depression, and let myself lose sight of my value and my faith. Now that I am on the mend, I'm working hard to reestablish my self care and my relationship with my Abba.

Writing is a balm to my soul, and though it can be difficult to find the time, I'm doing what I can. I have had two blogs in the past, and I'm currently writing a Cristian romance novel (about 13k words in). It's hard to get much done when I can only have peace late at night. 

Anyway, since I'm not new to writing but new to possibly publishing, I've been seeking out resources for when the time comes. One of the things that has been on my heart was to find a mentor, so I searched up "Chriatian writing forums" and here I am. I'll probably do a lot of lurking for now, but thanks for having me!

• Like 4

Welcome to our writing family, jayjay. Glad you joined us. Bless your heart. Your plate is really full. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

WOW, I admire how you take care of seven kids, let alone three of them with extra needs! I respect your heart as a mother!

And welcome, by the way! What are your favorite sweets? 😄

I like fruity sweets. Starburst, skittles, gummy bears, etc. Or white chocolate 😋

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...