Prayer Request Outside of Writing.

I'm requesting prayers for problems apart from my writing.  The local office of the People's United Bank where I have my account has been shut down, and it's ATM machine removed.  It was a small office, located inside the Stop & Shop supermarket, which is about a 15 minute walk from my home.  I'd get all my cash from the ATM, and was also able to check my account balance whenever I wanted.  Now I won't be able to do that.

There is another ATM in a Rite Aide Pharmacy, in the same shopping center, where I have been able to get cash, and check my balance; but that's all I'm able to do there.  I can't conduct any other baking business.

I've been trying to transfer my account to on-line, but that's giving me a lot of problems.  It's hard to understand the instructions, and when I do, I can't log on to my account.  They've asked for the last four numbers of my social security account.  That's what I've given, but they aren't accepted.

I have to be careful about this.  I don't want my account frozen.

I'm now asking for everyone's prayers, and advice from anyone who understands these things.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry, William. You might want to look for a phone number and try calling them. I found this:

The bank has shut its doors and has not been taken over by another bank or regulatory agency. Who can I contact?

Questions about closed banks and asset sales should be directed to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) website or by calling (888) 206-4662.

Hope that helps. Praying!

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for your prayers.   

I can't imagine a supermarket without an ATM machine.  I'm sure it won't be long before a new one is installed.  I've asked about it.  None of the employees have been told anything.

As for myself, I expect to be getting along well enough.  As I said, I can still get cash and check my balance with the ATM in the nearby Rite Aide Pharmacy.  I can also get cash at the supermarket's check out counters.  The Stop & Shop also has its own customer service desk, where I purchase money orders for only $1 a piece, instead of $5 that they'd charge at the bank.

The only problem I'd have is when I receive checks, I'd have trouble cashing them.  

I again thank all of you for your prayers.  I now ask you to pray for me to be patient.

In Jesus Name.  Amen.

• Like 2