Flying into ChristianWriters

A voracious reader since I was a boy, I have spent the past three decades compiling ideas to write stories of my own and now that my nest is emptying and I have my first series written and proofread, I am ready to get it published. 

Raised in a Christian home, church, and school, my brother and I rebelled against them as teens, but God got our attention and brought us back to Him, and we have been following Christ ever since. 

I am a high school Spanish teacher in Maryland with a wonderful wife, four great children, and my first granddaughter.  I taught ESL in college for ten years.  As I near retirement, I have set my sights on starting a second career as an author of Christian works in espionage, science fiction, adventure, fantasy, graphic novels of Christian supernatural heroes, and more.

I am requesting beta readers for my “AENIGMA” series if anyone is interested in a fun read of a fast-paced spy series with solid Christian values; think of it like a Christian James Bond but much more wholesome and way more character development. 

Looking forward to getting to know this site and to working with you all.

• Like 3

Welcome to our writing family, Jonathan. Glad you joined us. Be sure you check with us before you get into publishing. There are lots of scammers out there. Would like to save you save heartache and keep you money in your wallet! 😉 You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

1 hour ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Wow, you certainly have quite the background! 😄 Welcome! What are your favorite kind of sweets?

All sweets!  Unfortunately, I am pre-diabetic, so I've had to lay of the sweets for the past few years.  😞  Now no carbs for the past year.  😞

Well, I enjoyed chocolate and candy and cake and ice cream and pies and pasta and potatoes for fifty years; now for the next fifty, I'll have to eat boring foods!

How about you?

10 hours ago, JonathanRuth said:

All sweets!  Unfortunately, I am pre-diabetic, so I've had to lay of the sweets for the past few years.  😞  Now no carbs for the past year.  😞

Well, I enjoyed chocolate and candy and cake and ice cream and pies and pasta and potatoes for fifty years; now for the next fifty, I'll have to eat boring foods!

How about you?

Aw, man...Well, at least this is a website; so virtual sweets are allowed! I will give you...Hm...I'm not sure what I give you now without making it tempt you. Lol!!

I like pretty much anything and everything sweet as long as it's not too sweet. 😄 Or too bland/gross for my taste.

• 2 weeks later...