I was suffering from food poisoning Thursday and Friday (although Friday was mostly just severe chest pain), but by God's grace I'm doing much better now. However, my mom is now recovering from food poisoning, and my dad's nauseous. (Not sure what the cause of nausea for him is since he didn't eat what we think is the cause of the food poisoning.) Prayers for them to recover are much appreciated. Thank you!

• Sad 4
29 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Oh, dear! I'm so sorry, sweetie. So glad you're feeling a little better. Do you know what caused it?

My mom's guessing that it's the fish we got from a particular Asian supermarket we frequent every now and then. It's odd though, because we've been perfectly fine eating fish from there before..

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

By God's grace, my parents are on the mend! My dad's over here making jokes over things even though his energy levels aren't that up yet...Now I see where I've inherited that from. 😆 

Thank you all for your prayers!

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now seeing this! Food poisoning is the hardest thing. One time, I was ill with a sinus infection. Hubby went to a fish restaurant and brought home our meal. Before I got it down, I started having signs of food poisoning on top of the sinus infection. Prayers for you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, quietspirit said:

One time, I was ill with a sinus infection. Hubby went to a fish restaurant and brought home our meal. Before I got it down, I started having signs of food poisoning on top of the sinus infection.

Oh, dear! I wonder why it has to be the fish that causes this sometimes...

• Like 2

I do all my cooking in a microwave oven.  No matter what kind of germs might be on the food, after a three minute blast of microwaves, they're gone.  Thank the Lord.

I'm praying for your full recovery.  In Jesus Name.  Amen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Oh, dear! I wonder why it has to be the fish that causes this sometimes...

My Husband stopped at a camping store that sold sandwiches, He bought a turkey sandwich. He didn't get half-way home when he started feeling sick. He had been fishing at a state recreation area  a little over a hundred miles from our home.

He is very choosy about what he gets especially when we are traveling.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, quietspirit said:

My Husband stopped at a camping store that sold sandwiches, He bought a turkey sandwich. He didn't get half-way home when he started feeling sick. He had been fishing at a state recreation area  a little over a hundred miles from our home.

He is very choosy about what he gets especially when we are traveling.

I would imagine! I tend to eye fish now whenever I eat it...Lol! Might end up doing it with trail mix and granola, too, since my dad's guessing that that's what caused them to feel ill.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I tend to eye fish now whenever I eat it...Lol! 

There's only one kind of fish I'm willing to eat, and it has to be breaded and fried to a faretheewell, and that's our Gulf Coast mullet (because of our waters, the mullet here is good to eat, but in other places it isn't). However, be thankful that we don't eat puffer fish here like they do in Japan....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugu

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Tommie Lyn said:

However, be thankful that we don't eat puffer fish here like they do in Japan....

Yeah, I'll stay away from the puffer fish, thanks...Although what's wrong with puffer fish exactly?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Yeah, I'll stay away from the puffer fish, thanks...Although what's wrong with puffer fish exactly?

Did you check the wiki article I linked to? Unless puffer fish are carefully prepared so as to remove the POISON before they are eaten, the poison will permeate the meat and you can die from eating it. It's many times more lethal than cyanide, so I'm told. Several people in Japan die each year from eating it.

https://www.webmd.com/first-aid/pufferfish-poisoning

Edited by Tommie Lyn

Hubby thinks he got sick after we had trout fillets from a local store that is part of a national chain. He is very careful about having food fixed correctly (cooked done). We will not be doing Puffer fish or any Japanese style sushi. The thought of eating raw fish makes me feel ill.

• Like 1