....with a bit of rain (10 to 15 inches) and a bit of a breeze. I'm speaking of Hurricane Season 2021, of course. And I'm thankful we're just getting a bit of weather from the first tropical wave of the season, nothing harsh. 🙂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LauraJo said:

What area do you live in? 

I live in Illinois and we have tornado season. Hurricane season has to be  more frightening and devastating. 

I live in the Florida panhandle. I live about 15 miles north of the beach on fairly (for Florida) high ground, (thank you, hubby, for telling me "no" when I wanted to buy waterfront property), so the worst thing about hurricanes for us is the aftermath... loss of electricity, the clean up and repair. The worst damage done by a hurricane is to areas around water, i.e., the beach, rivers, creeks etc. because while the wind can cause damage (not only from the wind associated with the storm but from the tornadoes that are usually embedded in the storms), it's not as devastating as what the water does.

I know how scary tornadoes can be, so I'll be praying for you.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Cecilia Marie said:

I sure think about all of you in the hurricane and tornado zones. All we have are earthquakes and wind storms. The last comes a lot more frequently than the first, thank goodness. 

Earthquakes can be very scary. We experienced one when we lived in Washington state, and we read a book about them when we lived in California so as to be prepared, just in case.

• Like 1

My sister (living in California) and I (in Montana) used to discuss the pros and cons of earthquakes and frigid temperatures. My logic was that I could prepare for the cold and snow, as I knew it was coming. She hated cold and snow.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

My sister (living in California) and I (in Montana) used to discuss the pros and cons of earthquakes and frigid temperatures. My logic was that I could prepare for the cold and snow, as I knew it was coming. She hated cold and snow.

Cold is something I can't endure these days. My old joints become too painful when the weather is cold. And I'll tell you, in spite of the heat, humidity, and hurricanes, there's no where else on earth I'd rather live than right here where I am.

• Like 2