Literally.

Okay, this has absolutely nothing to do with writing, or anything really, but I have an overwhelming desire to share this with anyone and everyone.

Last night, I was at the computer working on my latest YouTube video, when my mom told me to come look out the window.  And what do I see?  My dad has come home with a 2002 Mazda Miata.  

Back story time: I have been trying for probably about a year now, if not longer, to convince my dad to get "a leetle ol' sports car for you and me," *cue puppy dog-eyes* and as of last night, my dream has come true.  It's a really cool little two-seater.  My dad and I went for a blow around 8:00 last night, just a quick one up past Lake Michigan.  We live like 5 minutes away from it; we're so blessed.

I honestly didn't want something so modern, because as most of you know, I am hopelessly old-fashioned.  I was hoping for something as old as the 1970's or even '60's, but y'know, I guess my dad wasn't going to go there.  Oh well.  Believe you me, I am thankful for what I've got.

IMG_20210614_200734759_HDR.jpg

• Like 10

Ironically enough, I saw a Father's Day card today that wasn't hinting at all about getting their child a sports car... XD I was going to get it but then found a better one. Plus, our car is a sports edition as is. 😆

• Like 1

As someone still stuck in the 70's, who loves the looks of cars from the 70's, (but prefers the gas mileage of cars from this century), you'll be happy to know if I saw that car back in my era, I'd pick it out as new, but would not think it was "futuristic." It has that 70sish quality to it. (And, still, better gas mileage.)

Cool!

• Thanks 1

Looks like it's fun to drive. You've got a cool dad! 

Mine almost bought me a Cord replica, built on a Mustang chassis, until he saw the price tag. Back in 1969 (Yeah I'm that old) cars were going for about $3000 or $4000. This one came in at $25,000. But oh man! It was all silver and gold, with chrome everywhere, leather seats, wood dash. And it had a big engine. I think a V8 with lots of power. It looked something like this:  

cord car with top down.jpg

Edited by Cecilia Marie
  • Like 4
On 6/17/2021 at 11:22 AM, carolinamtne said:

Leather seats sound soooo cool, but let me tell you, in the summer, they are NOT.

no they aren't. Our family has the "Stan Van" a beater with leather seats which is locally famous as being the van us high school kids use (us being my siblings and I) it drives me insane (literally, the way that thing drives... *shudder* I half expect I'm already dead and just dreaming right now. perhaps that explains why I can't spell) AND LORD HAVE MERCY THOSE SEATS MAKE THE FAT MELT RIGHT OFF OF YOU really, they should market leather seats as a weight loss program "only valid through summer, must live somewhere with plenty of sunlight, offer valid April through August, or later depending on where you live. Restrictions may apply. We are not liable for any injuires, such as burns, that you may recieve from using this product."

Edited by ThePerilousPen
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, ThePerilousPen said:

AND LORD HAVE MERCY THOSE SEATS MAKE THE FAT MELT RIGHT OFF OF YOU really, they should market leather seats as a weight loss program "only valid through summer, must live somewhere with plenty of sunlight, offer valid April through August, or later depending on where you live. Restrictions may apply. We are not liable for any injuires, such as burns, that you may recieve from using this product."

XDXDXD GIRL, YOU'RE HILARIOUS!

On 6/19/2021 at 11:02 PM, ThePerilousPen said:

*forgets I’m standing on one leg and falls over* 

*tries this in real life but doesn't fall* HAH! *cackles and runs away for dinner*

(Well, to be fair, I about fell but made sure I didn't...but then I slightly did fall XD.)

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart