Which Name Sounds Better?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. ^^^^^

• Klarissa
    • Ivy

She's three year old and survived a major accident that gave her the ability to see things in the past that she wouldn't (and I guess technically shouldn't) have known about at that age. Blond hair, brown eyes, tends to be a bit clingy but also very sweet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Spaulding said:

Just a different thought. I've rarely met anyone whose name fit them. Mostly, because we're named before our parents know our character

Huh, that's an interesting observation!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Emily Waldorf said:

Really? I often think people's names fit them.

I guess it can, although sometimes we get a stereotype of how people with certain names have certain personalities. (Which can be true...but also incorrect. 😄)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I guess it can, although sometimes we get a stereotype of how people with certain names have certain personalities. (Which can be true...but also incorrect. 😄)

Random question: do you ever think people with beards talk like they have a beard? Does that even make sense?

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Emily Waldorf said:

Random question: do you ever think people with beards talk like they have a beard? Does that even make sense?

Uh...what? XD

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Spaulding said:

Just a different thought. I've rarely met anyone whose name fit them. Mostly, because we're named before our parents know our character. 🤭

Excellent point. I normally prefer using common names, only deferring to country of origin and avoidance of names of people I know (who might get offended if that character is an antagonist or unsavory).

As far as the name I like best of the two, sorry, I don't have a preference. I think either will work. 

• Thanks 1

I tend to lean towards Klarissa, but Ivy matches your description better.

Did you look up the meaning of their names? 

I did a search on both and the results were interesting. 

Everyone has a different method when it comes to naming characters, for my characters, heritage was important so I had to make sure first and last names matched the heritage they have come from and both the normal and spiritual meaning of their names helped me to see if those descriptions matched the personality of the characters.... although I might of been overthinking it.

Edited by Amosathar
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Amosathar said:

tend to lean towards Klarissa, but Ivy matches your description better.

Did you look up the meaning of their names? 

I did a search on both and the results were interesting. 

Everyone has a different method when it comes to naming characters, for my characters, heritage was important so I had to make sure first and last names matched the heritage they have come from and both the normal and spiritual meaning of their names helped me to see if those descriptions matched the personality of the characters.... although I might of been overthinking it.

I haven't looked up their names, but I should! Thank you for the suggestion!

I have done name generators in the past, especially if I'm stuck on a name choice or if I was writing a story set in another country. They do help, although finding the definitions for these names without encountering a few curse words in the descriptions are hard to maneuver around..

22 hours ago, Emily Waldorf said:

Ahh, thanks a lot. I'm now going to have to listen harder for people with beards. 🤔 

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Just_Me_ said:

I voted for Klarissa, partly I think the nickname Rissa would be super cute!

I never thought of giving her that nickname, let alone give her a nickname...Lol! Good suggestion!

2 minutes ago, Emily Waldorf said:

Sorry. I guess I'm weird that way.

Mmm, sis, we all are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...