Hello!

I'm new as of this morning.  🙂

A few of my favorites . . . my husband of 40+ years, our families, friends, our sweet dog, Tucker, writing, reading, photography, and walking. I've been traditionally published and am now among the ranks of the independently published. More than anyone or anything I love Jesus. 

Writing-wise: I'm finishing up the sushi draft (yes, it's that raw!) of the 3rd and final book in The Northern Lights series. It's a character-driven suspense series. I've got a new project or two simmering and am starting to put those ideas into words. 

Personally: I have stage four breast cancer and while I'm doing mostly good right now, the disease and treatments are sometimes a challenge. However, I'm determined to write for as many days as I can. 

God is GOOD - always,

Joy

• Like 5

Woo-doo! Sweet Joy! I'm soooooooo happy to see you here! Welcome to our writing family. Congrats on your work. I'm so sorry about the invasion of your body. Praying for you. Roam around and make yourself at home. May the Lord bless you and your writing. ❤️

• Like 2

Welcome! And congratulations on all you've published!

12 minutes ago, Joy DeKok said:

up the sushi draft (yes, it's that raw!)

Love this! It's so descriptive!

13 minutes ago, Joy DeKok said:

I have stage four breast cancer and while I'm doing mostly good right now, the disease and treatments are sometimes a challenge. However, I'm determined to write for as many days as I can. 

Praying for you!

Welcome, Joy! 🙂 It's a pleasure to meet you and great to have you here!

10 minutes ago, Joy DeKok said:

I'm finishing up the sushi draft (yes, it's that raw!)

I love this! 😆

11 minutes ago, Joy DeKok said:

I have stage four breast cancer and while I'm doing mostly good right now, the disease and treatments are sometimes a challenge. However, I'm determined to write for as many days as I can.

Praying for you and your family. That is very difficult, but I admire your upbeat attitude and determination. ❤️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joy, so amazing to read your introduction. I have just joined and you are already inspiring me with your courageous attitude during life's tribulations. You are a true warrior and I pray and know that He will do a great work trough you! Are you from  South Africa by any chance?

• Like 1