24 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

Okay, this is embarrassing.  I thought Back wrote "Fur Elise".

I don't know a Back...You mean Bach? 😄

24 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

Girl, you read my mind.

Hehehe...My sister already said that I'm going to be playing piano at her wedding. Might as well start early even though that isn't coming until, like, 14 years from now!! 😆

• Haha 1
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody has gotten all of them right yet...But this is very amusing to watch, especially since Bella's over here screaming her head off. 🤣🤣🤣

Phew. My students can rest at ease knowing that I do know my music terms 😅

True False False False   Probably True   Hmmm ... True Nope. False.   False Insufficient information (unless you've discussed the

14 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I don't know a Back...You mean Bach? 😄

39 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

Ah, my typos are equally embarrassing as my deficit of music knowledge.  Thanks much for the correction. 👍

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

Ah, my typos are equally embarrassing as my deficit of music knowledge.  Thanks much for the correction.

It's okay! You still tried though; that's what *counts*. That sounds so cliche..lol.

• Like 1

1.  Dunno.

2. Picatto or Staccato (I think? is that how you spell it?) means quick and sharp.

3. True,

4. True?

5. True or is it Rockebel's Canon?

6. Dunno.

7. Correct? I think??

8. No clue.

9. No clue.

10. ??

Edited by Sarah Daffy
7 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Let's just see how well you know these music-related statements. 😁 Just answer true or false to whatever you think is right. I'd make whoever wins a verse pic, but my noodle-like brain is running on a treadmill at 90 MPH about what I need to do still. 😅😂😅

(Also, no looking up statements, trying them on the piano/keyboard, or asking anyone for help. You must use that large writer's brain of yours. 😃)

1. Beethoven wrote "Fur Elise."

2. Legato means quick and sharp.

3. The notes in E chord are E, G, and B.

4. The notes in Am chord are A, C#, and E.

5. "Pachelbel's Canon" is the most popular classical song played at weddings as of now.

6. Franz List wrote "Liebestraum."

7. D.S. al Coda means to start back at the beginning and play until you reach D.S. al Coda again. 

8. Lead sheets have left hand playing notes and right hand playing chords.

9. One of my personal favorites is "Pachelbel's Canon."

10. One of my personal dislikes is "Moonlight Sonata." 

Oh gosh. I took piano lessons for 17 years but not intensely. Umm ... 

1) True

2) False

3) I was never good at music theory. This is E Major? Er, I say False. Feels like it needs some sharps.

4) Feels false.

5) Going with true. If not now, than it used to be!

6) Possibly? Gonna say true.

7) True

8) What's a lead sheet? 😂 Guessing true.

9) Er, well I like it. 🤣 Guessing false because it's overplayed.

10) Er, well I like it! Guessing false.

4 hours ago, Claire Tucker said:
8 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

7. D.S. al Coda means to start back at the beginning and play until you reach D.S. al Coda again. 

Nope. False.

WAIT WHAT

What am I forgetting 😂

• Haha 1
On 6/11/2021 at 8:49 AM, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

1. Beethoven wrote "Fur Elise." Huh?

2. Legato means quick and sharp. Huh?

3. The notes in E chord are E, G, and B. Huh?

4. The notes in Am chord are A, C#, and E. Wrong. (I don't think the pound sign/hashtag has anything to do with chords.)

5. "Pachelbel's Canon" is the most popular classical song played at weddings as of now. Huh?

6. Franz List wrote "Liebestraum." Nope, but only because the last name is Liszt. And I only know that because I read the magazine Highlights as a child and learned Liszt wrote his for his first complete symphony at 4, so I was already a complete failure because I was twice his age. 😳

7. D.S. al Coda means to start back at the beginning and play until you reach D.S. al Coda again. Huh?

8. Lead sheets have left hand playing notes and right hand playing chords. Huh?

9. One of my personal favorites is "Pachelbel's Canon." Huh?

10. One of my personal dislikes is "Moonlight Sonata." At least I heard of that one.

Unless it's songs from the 60s and 70s, I know nothing about music. Oh, and I have written a symphony, and never will. (I think you have to understand music first.) 😊

Did I win? Did I win? 😆

• Like 1
Just now, Spaulding said:

Unless it's songs from the 60s and 70s, I know nothing about music. Oh, and I have written a symphony, and never will.

What?? You wrote it but also never did?? 😆

1 minute ago, Spaulding said:

Did I win? Did I win?

*fake, cheery voice* Yes, because EVERYONE IS A WINNER!!! DON'T FORGET THAT, KIDS!!!

• Haha 1
On 6/11/2021 at 10:46 AM, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

No, I'm waiting for someone to get them all right. XD I'll give it a little while longer and will try to give a response before four.

Anyone, besides me, get them all wrong, though? 🥺

1 minute ago, Spaulding said:

Anyone, besides me, get them all wrong, though? 

There were others who didn't get some of them right. I don't know if you got yours all wrong though...Let me check.

Just now, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Oh, wait, I just realized...You didn't even answer them! 😆

I wrote my answers right behind your questions, unless you're trying to tell me "Huh" is not an answer. 😳

• Haha 1