Body Fonts

No, not tattoos. I am looking for a clear, readable font for the body of my book. The paragraphs and paragraphs that will fill each page. It must go with my Tassanara Font which will be the chapter title above the chapter title in Roman letters. 

I would love your suggestions!

The genre is sci fi/fantasy. I have uploaded the cover so you can see what fonts we used there, and a bit of the Tassanara.

Leoshine_7b.jpg

• Like 2

I had no idea what Tassanara looked like so I looked it up. The very first site that popped up was yours! It's that curlicue font, right? If it is, I cannot read it at all. The fonts that are suggested are mainly Courier first and then Garamond. 

Yep, tattoos popped to mind here.  I've come to really like Calibri for my photo cartoons.  Crisp, clear, no serifs...   Squint at a font, or try to see it out of focus.  Examine many letter combinations.  Can you still read it?  Some fonts can make words look totally like they're not intended.  For quite a while I saw the bar-soap brand in many military restrooms as LISA, when in fact, they were USA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul but not THE said:

Yep, tattoos popped to mind here.  I've come to really like Calibri for my photo cartoons.  Crisp, clear, no serifs...   Squint at a font, or try to see it out of focus.  Examine many letter combinations.  Can you still read it?  Some fonts can make words look totally like they're not intended.  For quite a while I saw the bar-soap brand in many military restrooms as LISA, when in fact, they were USA.

San serif fonts like Calibri are fine for isolated words or phrases, but for readability of blocks of text, a serif font is best. The serif carries the eye from letter to letter more easily than a san serif font.

13 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Tassanara looked like so I looked it up

Tassanara was developed specially for Leoshine by @Travis WilliamsYou can download the font to use in Word here:  https://colossal-builder-3982.ck.page/41713cb58f  

You need the key, which is in the membership only part of my website. 

Several people from CW have a "treasure" of the Tassanara on their blogs! I am planning more treasure hunts as we get closer to launching Leoshine!

3 hours ago, Tommie Lyn said:

best font for body text is Garamond

Thank you! I have heard of that one! 

2 hours ago, EBraten said:

Gandhi serif for my printed books. But, then I write romance

I don't write romance, though there is a love story within the adventure.

2 hours ago, Paul but not THE said:

Yep, tattoos popped to mind here. 

Sorry about that. 

29 minutes ago, Tommie Lyn said:

The serif carries the eye from letter to letter more easily than a san serif font.

Yes, they have function. I have also learned about ligatures. Check how the F runs into the I in fish. 

At another sight they recommended Merriweather for fantasy. 

So many choices! I appreciate all your suggestions!