I need help! I had a really cool book that had a whole list of ways to describe different commonly used words. (For writers) An example would be pain. It could be described as searing, burning, tingling, etc. My book has vanished, and I can't find it anywhere! Worse, I don't remember the name of it.

Does anyone else know what it was? I'm have a total brain fart today. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Alley said:

Maybe, but I thought it was bigger.

Yeah, it does seem pretty small. Maybe PenName can find the link you sent her!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, PenName said:

Boom!!!

No, that is the human response/reaction to them. Highly recommended, not the one I was looking for. ☹ 

5 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Either the children took it or the dog ate it. Both are reasonable yet logical conclusions to come to.

Sadly, it's most likely the one with dementia we care for has taken it and hid it. 🤔 Maybe I should look behind the hot water heater. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Alley said:

Sadly, it's most likely the one with dementia we care for has taken it and hid it. 🤔 Maybe I should look behind the hot water heater. 

Ohhh, I see. Hopefully, you can find it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Alley said:

No, that is the human response/reaction to them. Highly recommended, not the one I was looking for. ☹

Aw man!! ☹️

@EBraten, this sounds like a book you might know about? 🤔

• Like 2

In addition to the ones @PenName and @HK1mentioned, there's this one. I don't have it, but now I want it. 🤣

@HK1to shorten the Amazon link, look for the bit with /dp/1234567/ and cut it off after that number that comes after the /dp/. So, the clean link to what you posted would be this. https://www.amazon.com/Helpful-Adjectives-Fiction-Writers-Resources/dp/1687306419

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, EBraten said:

to shorten the Amazon link, look for the bit with /dp/1234567/ and cut it off after that number that comes after the /dp/.

Cool! I didn't know that! Thanks!

• Like 1