Unanswered Prayers

20 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

The thing is: there are no unanswered prayers. It's either yes, no, or wait. No prayer is wadded up and thrown in the trash. God knows the best answer for each prayer request and brings the best result into our life.

Yeah, but from a human perspective it seems like it. For the sake of the song i don' think it's wrong. Do you?

• Like 1

Oh, I agree. It sometimes does seem like it. But when we have faith in God that He knows best and has the best in mind for us,, we need to realize that what we think is unanswered, is really waiting for something better to come along. That is, when the answer is not no. So actually, I understand the song's attempt but I don't agree with it. Because look what he received. Maybe this image will help make my point...

ย 

image.png.acac705cec3efe4be85bde7d7738236e.png

• Like 4
3 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Oh, I agree. It sometimes does seem like it. But when we have faith in God that He knows best and has the best in mind for us,, we need to realize that what we think is unanswered, is really waiting for something better to come along. That is, when the answer is not no. So actually, I understand the song's attempt but I don't agree with it. Because look what he received. Maybe this image will help make my point...

ย 

Just to be clear, I totally understand and agree with your point. I just happen not to have a problem with this song. ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks for your remarks, though!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Well, no, I don't really either. I just believe there's a better answer. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„โค๏ธ

I guess the case could be made that it's actually illustrating the idea that no prayers are unanswered. Because the "unanswered prayers" are God's greatest gifts. It is the withholding the small teddy bear while hiding the bigger one behind the back.

ย 

By the way, does this sound like arguing to you? B/c I don't want to be unpleasant, but sometimes my online voice gets...snippy, or something, and I don't like that...

• Like 1

Yup, I agree! ๐Ÿ˜‰ And no, not arguing at all. And I apologize. Snippiness was not my intention. I try not to "sound" that way but sometimes it manages to sneak into my words. ๐Ÿ˜ƒโค๏ธ

Wait, no! I didn't mean you were snippy! I meant I end up sounding like it online. ๐Ÿ˜›

ย 

Good. Glad it doesn't sound like arguing. I like you as a moderator, and I've honestly had enough head-butting with moderators from last writer's site. (only that was legitimate headbutting, lol).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Emily Waldorf said:

Wait, no! I didn't mean you were snippy! I meant I end up sounding like it online.

ย 

Oh, I know you didn't. Just apologizing in case...๐Ÿ˜ƒ Oh, and thank you! โค๏ธ

ย 

1 hour ago, suspensewriter said:

This an interesting discussion, nonetheless.

ย 

For sure, SW! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Like 4
7 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

The thing is: there are no unanswered prayers. It's either yes, no, or wait. No prayer is wadded up and thrown in the trash. God knows the best answer for each prayer request and brings the best result into our life.

You're right, Lynn. We have to realize -- God sees the future, He knows what's coming, and He knows what's best for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

But when we have faith in God that He knows best and has the best in mind for us,, we need to realize that what we think is unanswered, is really waiting for something better to come along. That is, when the answer is not no.

ย 

God does know best for us. When we belive that God DOES know best, we understand that He answers ALL prayer requests. We might not think so but God answers as He sees fit.ย 

• Like 1

no, no! Not controversial at all. It's a very nice song. And I'm really sorry I jumped in. I should have stayed on the sidelines. The song is nice but I just believe there's more to it than calling it unanswered prayer. Please don't feel bad about posting. My fault

No worries! Not your fault either. Weโ€™re allowed to have our differences. ๐Ÿ™‚

On 6/7/2021 at 5:56 PM, lynnmosher said:

ย 

Wow. You drew that? I've seen it as a meme on FB. This may be the first time I met the illustrator of a famous picture. Cool!

ย 

(As a teddy bear nut, I do get it. But I also find it a bit depressing. It's kind of like trading up on your kids or pets. It's not a bigger and better dog we want. It's our dog, but better behaved.. or healthier, or younger. Spaulding, my teddy bear,ย can't be replaced by bigger and better. He's Spaulding.ย ๐Ÿฅฐ)

• Like 1