That Feeling You Get When You've Written Something and...

6 minutes ago, Acogah W Swann said:

Accord, pride is not a good thing.  The bible says that God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.  I know everyone on here is not a Christian and I don't know what you believe, but I believe that God's strength works through our weakness, so it's not always our effort but God's that matters.  For example, there was a dramatic historic event that took place in the 1 Kings 18 with Elijah (who was all alone) and 450 prophets of Baal.  The 450 put in all kinds of effort from morning till noon and nothing happened.  Then Elijah accomplishes the task with just one short prayer.

Ok, "pride" probably wasn't the best word to use.  No need to be preachy, though. 🙄

• Thanks 1

Accord, I'm a zealot through and through.  Still don't know if you're a Christian, but curious, that's why I ask.  I like to see different people's perspectives so that I can challenge my own.  I learn from everyone and try to retain what is good.

And God says 'if you love me keep my commandments' and that's not just the ten commandments.  There are commandments throughout the bible.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

7 hours ago, Acogah W Swann said:

And God says 'if you love me keep my commandments' and that's not just the ten commandments.  There are commandments throughout the bible.

Agreed, and I think you missed a couple (at least) in your original reply to me. I'll leave it at that, as I don't want to derail this topic.

• Thanks 1