Greetings!!

Hello everyone! 

I feel honored and blessed to join such a great group of inspirational writers. I look forward to learning from you all and hope I can contribute in some way as well. That being said, I realize I’m not in the same league as everyone here. I am a true amateur! 

As you’ve probably guessed I’m from Alaska. My occupation isn’t writing. Although like everyone here, I love to write. 

My main occupation, strange as it sounds, is Arctic exploration by dog team, which I have been involved in for +35 years. 

The reason I wanted to join this group is that I felt spiritually inspired write more about God’s grace and mercy.

I’ve written some already- short books, a memoir and lots of magazine articles, but I feel strongly urged to write more about religious spiritual experiences rather than about defending myself from crazed grizzly and polar bears and surviving brutal Arctic blizzards. 

So, I figured that in a group like this we all have much in common. And I believe it’s important to surround ourselves with those who share the same beliefs and interests. I’m looking forward learning from everyone and reading your stories. Thanks for having me!! 

• Like 5

Hi Alaskan.  I'm new here too but learned that not all the forum members are Christians; however, they are all cordial.

Have you thought about combining the two?  Your Christianity with a story or stories of your adventures.  There could be tons of symbolism that you could use which might be subtle but cause the reader to think.  That sounds like it would be fun to write and fun to read.

• Like 1

Thanks for your suggestions. Acogah W Swann That’s not a bad idea actually. I’ve found because we live in such a chaos society there’s an enormous thirst for people to be in nature nowadays. And naturally people love adventure. You’re right,  I just have to figure a way to weave them together. I got some work to do for sure. Thanks!! 

• Like 2

Welcome to our writing family, Alaskan. Glad you joined us. Congrats on your published works. Your job sounds very interesting. And you are certainly in the same league: we all started out at the same point, the beginning. However, we write at different levels and in different genres. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, Alaskan! May I say, you live in a VERY beautiful place! My hubby and I took a cruise to Alaska, and I was overawed by its beauty (viewing it from INSIDE the warmth of the ship, LOL ... since I'm a Floridian, I can't deal with cold temps!). So glad you're here! 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! Your life experiences will great fodder for stories. The Bible is full of stories that teach God's principles, and we all infuse our work with His Word in some form or other, subtle, hinted, or full blown scripture. There's a niche for everyone.