I heard this is where the Christians hang out

Guest Wesley Southern
5 hours ago, Acogah W Swann said:

Hello Alley.  I would like throw my book at Wesley, but without laughing or insulting anyone.  How about this: Two things every atheist has in common: 1) they do not believe in God, and 2) they hate Him!

Or they might have a different religion such as Buddhism or Taoism that does not have gods...

I don’t dislike the Judeo-Christian God at all. I’ve been finding out more about Jesus on this site, though not everyone is nice about it...

2 hours ago, Wesley Southern said:

I don’t dislike the Judeo-Christian God at all. I’ve been finding out more about Jesus on this site, though not everyone is nice about it...

You and I have exchanged comments on this website, in which we've strongly disagreed.  I hope I've been courteous, and not personally offensive.  

Guest Wesley Southern
1 minute ago, William D'Andrea said:

You and I have exchanged comments on this website, in which we've strongly disagreed.  I hope I've been courteous, and not personally offensive.  

Have we disagreed on something? I can’t remember...

3 hours ago, Wesley Southern said:

Or they might have a different religion such as Buddhism or Taoism that does not have gods...

Wes, mine was intended as a joke (and I hope obviously so); any acerbic wit is meant to be humorous, but I want you to know that I began watching your video in another thread which is a friendly atheist and student debate at my old alma mater UF.  Interesting so far, as I like to get the perspective of others.  If I was in the audience, I would feel compelled to raise my hand.  Perhaps Lord willing, I can post in your thread when I have finished watching the video.  I did cover many of these atheist/agnostic arguments in chapters in the second half of my book.

The thing is you can't argue someone into the Kingdom of God - believers can only plant and water the word.  I hope that is always a running theme through all of my posts on this site and in my daily life.

2 hours ago, Wesley Southern said:

Have we disagreed on something? I can’t remember...

I do not agree with some of your comments on the posted chapters of my book "A Gatored Community.  If you'd like to discuss it further, we should do so on those postings.  Not this one.     

3 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

Hello Acogah W Swann.  Welcome to christianwriters.com 

Mercy, peace, and love unto you multiplied brother D'Andrea. 

And strangely, I have a Christian brother named Deandrae.  He is in prison charged with murder, but he is a believer and I am trying to encourage him.  God may have allowed this to happen so that he could advance God's Kingdom in prison. 

Demons are real.  They make us do things we don't want to do.  Thankfully, when we identify the sin, we are able to cover it with the blood of Jesus Christ and be delivered of that strong man.  We already have victory.  The battle for everyone's soul is in the mind.  Take every thought to the captivity of the obedience to Christ.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Acogah W Swann said:

...strangely, I have a Christian brother named Deandrae.  He is in prison charged with murder, but he is a believer and I am trying to encourage him.  God may have allowed this to happen so that he could advance God's Kingdom in prison. 

I'd like to make it clear to everyone reading this, that the one you've mentioned isn't me.  I am a good boy.  A law abiding, responsible citizen, who has never been in trouble with the law.  I'm living in modest comfort, in a senior citizens village, with my rent payments subsidized by Government payments.  I consider this a blessing from the Lord.

Edited by William D'Andrea

Guest Wesley Southern
42 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

I do not agree with some of your comments on the posted chapters of my book "A Gatored Community.  If you'd like to discuss it further, we should do so on those postings.  Not this one.     

No, it’s fine. I didn’t realize you disagreed. Either way, I made those  critiques for your benefit.

Guest Wesley Southern
3 hours ago, Acogah W Swann said:

Wes, mine was intended as a joke (and I hope obviously so); any acerbic wit is meant to be humorous

Okay, gotcha

I'd like to make it clear to everyone reading this, that William D'Andrea is not the DeAndrae that I previously mentioned.  William D'Andrae is a good boy.  A law abiding, responsible citizen, who has never been in trouble with the law.  He's living in modest comfort, in a senior citizens village, with his rent payments subsidized by Government payments.  I consider this a blessing from the Lord.

(smile)

Greetings Jon.

Also, Lynn, Suspense, Wes, William, Emily, Ky, Allen & HK - I couldn't get my editor to post in this thread but he did read it as I sent him the link.  He only has experience with Lulu.  D2D he claims doesn't give you a printed version.  Neither the editor or myself are doing it for the money.  We just want it distributed.  If the book gets distributed, people read it and it does well, then Lord willing, I'll write another one.

I say if the book stinks, it's because of me, but if the book does well, it is because of God.  I felt inspired to write it and start to finish, a 270 page book was written in just 45 days.  I would have a hard time even reading a book in that amount of time, so I'm thinking it must be God's hand at work.  We'll see.

23 minutes ago, Paul but not THE said:

Greetings Paul, from Paul, but not the Paul.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing".

The Paul is sitting at the head of the table.  I look forward to spending an eternity with him.  I am a former Saul by the way.  Thank God He had mercy on me!