I Have An Important Life Lesson.

Never drink your Coke-a-Cola from a mug while acting as if you're trying to sip it when it's barely near your mouth, as you will start coughing violently from it forcing its way into your throat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

LOL Reminds me of another. When I was in grade school, my best friend and I were in my house in the family room lying bent upside down with our feet on the couch and heads and backs on the floor. We were drinking Coke or RC or Pepsi. We started laughing at something and laughed so hard the Coke spewed out our noses! LOL Well, it was funny at the time! 😅

• Haha 5
Posted (edited)

There's a very nice carbonated beverage, called Vernors, which is not so much a ginger ale, as a very rich ginger soda; it's quite unique and very tasty. It shows up mostly in the American midwest. I've occasionally seen it as far east as upstate New York, where I am, and my brother in Arizona has seen it occasionally, so I guess it circulates depending on how people try to distribute it.

Anyway, it produces a very fine, almost explosive carbonation, and if you drink it from a glass, you can't inhale thru your nose while sipping. If you do, the super fine bubbles go way up your nose, and you'll start coughing. It's very weird, that way. Drinking straight from a can works just fine, but poured into a glass is risky. Still, it has a very loyal base of fans, and it's worth it...

Edited by Wes B
  • Like 3
31 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

LOL Reminds me of another. When I was in grade school, my best friend and I were in my house in the family room lying bent upside down with our feet on the couch and heads and backs on the floor. We were drinking Coke or RC or Pepsi. We started laughing at something and laughed so hard the Coke spewed out our noses! LOL Well, it was funny at the time!

Oh, my! I've never had that happen before; I don't want it to either!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wes B said:

There's a very nice carbonated beverage, called Vernors, which is not so much a ginger ale, as a very rich ginger soda; it's quite unique and very tasty.

Have you ever tried Buffalo Rock Southern Spice Ginger Ale? Once I tried it, I couldn't go back to ordinary ginger ale. It's called "Southern Spice" for a reason 😀.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Tommie Lyn said:

Have you ever tried Buffalo Rock Southern Spice Ginger Ale? Once I tried it, I couldn't go back to ordinary ginger ale. It's called "Southern Spice" for a reason 😀.

I have not, but it sounds kind of tasty! I can already imagine a tingling sensation in my throat for when that spice goes down it.

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart
Word choice
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, Tommie Lyn said:

I haven't heard of it before, though I'll look for it, especially when I'm in the locations it's more likely to be distributed (Southeast US). I happen to use an extraordinary amount of ginger in my cooking, and am a big fan of the flavor.

As an aside, ginger pairs remarkably well with peanuts, and I've come up with this amazing ginger-peanut-chicken curry that I eat way too much of...

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Never drink your Coke-a-Cola from a mug while acting as if you're trying to sip it when it's barely near your mouth, as you will start coughing violently from it forcing its way into your throat.

Wow! Good to know. 

• Haha 1
On 5/14/2021 at 3:13 PM, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Tbh I'm still trying to understand this XD

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

Tbh I'm still trying to understand this XD

Okay, let me break this down for you.

I've seen one of those "Send this to your best friend with no context" videos, and the girl in the video I liked the most was sipping her tea and making the actual sipping sound. I was attempting to sip my Coke and imitate the sound in the same way, but I accidentally sipped just a small amount of Coke and ended up having it jerk itself into my throat. That's when I started coughing violently. 😄

Oh, the things we learn sometimes...

34 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Okay, let me break this down for you.

I've seen one of those "Send this to your best friend with no context" videos, and the girl in the video I liked the most was sipping her tea and making the actual sipping sound. I was attempting to sip my Coke and imitate the sound in the same way, but I accidentally sipped just a small amount of Coke and ended up having it jerk itself into my throat. That's when I started coughing violently. 😄

Oh, the things we learn sometimes...

ahhhh

I've done that but never choked XD

1 hour ago, ThePerilousPen said:

ahhhh

I've done that but never choked XD

So it was just me...Ah, the joy of not being an adult yet and discovering things that you never would've expected...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

So it was just me...Ah, the joy of not being an adult yet and discovering things that you never would've expected...

So... you think that once you're an adult, you'll no longer get bitten in the @#$%^& surprised by unexpected things? If only it were that easy... 😄

Here's a secret... We adults really don't have all the answers; we simply do our very best to give the best guidance and advice. Still, we're makin' a lot of it up as we go along. Maturity is less about having all the answers, and more about developing the fortitude to handle what life unexpectedly throws at us while we're strategizing about how to handle it.

It's not as scary as it may sound; the system works. What we have is a strong motivation to constantly reach out to The Lord for help, 'cuz without Him, we're probably in real trouble. I don't know how people manage in life if they're not following Him, but I do suspect they're sometimes a lot more rattled than they let on. Where we are, life's "surprises" are just more opportunities to discover what a wonderful God we serve...

Edited by Wes B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Wes B said:

So... you think that once you're an adult, you'll no longer get bitten in the @#$%^& surprised by unexpected things? If only it were that easy... 😄

Here's a secret your parents may not necessarily want you to know... We adults really don't have all the answers; we simply do our very best to give the best guidance and advice. Still, we're makin' a lot of it up as we go along. Maturity is less about having all the answers, and more about developing the fortitude to handle what life unexpectedly throws at us while we're strategizing about how to handle it.

It's not as scary as it may sound; the system works. What we have is a strong motivation to constantly reach out to The Lord for help, 'cuz without Him, we're probably in real trouble. I don't know how people manage in life if they're not following Him, but I do suspect they're sometimes a lot more rattled than they let on. Where we are, life's "surprises" are just more opportunities to discover what a wonderful God we serve...

I was joking when I said that...I don't expect adults to have all the answers sometimes. That's when I have to go do research and pray about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1