On 5/12/2021 at 9:16 PM, Joshua Benefiel said:

The modern film adaptation of Dumas' Count of Monte Cristo used to be one of my favorite films. Then I read Count of Monte Cristo... the movie is absolutely nothing like the book.

I think this is a feature, not a bug. It's short, it's redemptive, and it's super targeted. The book is massive, rambling, and epic, but suffers a bit when viewed with a modern eye. 

Adaptations can be very fun. The new graphic novel COUNT is spectacular.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08WX6YQPT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Wesley Southern said:

If it’s really that good, I’d read it. 😇

If you want! Obviously I love it 😂 but some people on here haven’t been so enthusiastic.... I’ll send you the doc link when I get home! (So like two hours, we’re still driving home lol) 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

If you want! Obviously I love it 😂 but some people on here haven’t been so enthusiastic.... I’ll send you the doc link when I get home! (So like two hours, we’re still driving home lol) 

Muchas gracias, but don’t send me an email or anything. Just a regular link will do 😄

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Wesley Southern said:

Muchas gracias, but don’t send me an email or anything. Just a regular link will do 😄

I couldn’t send you an email 😂 

edit: okay it's gone lol if anyone else wants the link, lmk

I was planning on a link lol as you can see it’s in the editing/revising stage... 

Edited by ThePerilousPen
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ThePerilousPen said:

So I may or may not have opened that in another tab without your permission, but I'll stop reading now...Only got to the prologue.

Would you care if I read it? I want to see what it's about, even if you're trying to edit it and all of that. 🙂 You also have a lot of siblings...Girl....

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

So I may or may not have opened that in another tab without your permission, but I'll stop reading now...Only got to the prologue.

Would you care if I read it? I want to see what it's about, even if you're trying to edit it and all of that. 🙂 You also have a lot of siblings...Girl....

I would love if you read it!! honestly anyone on here can 😄 

9 minutes ago, Wesley Southern said:

I read three chapters so far, and I think Savannah is basically you

Basically, yeah. I have a habit of having characters a lot like me. But I didn't plan it this way. Savannahg popped into my head, and while my subconcious may have created her, I didn't plan in any way for her to be so much like me! It just sort of happened. 

I can't tell if you're calling me out or just commenting on it 😆

3 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

Basically, yeah. I have a habit of having characters a lot like me. But I didn't plan it this way. Savannahg popped into my head, and while my subconcious may have created her, I didn't plan in any way for her to be so much like me! It just sort of happened. 

I can't tell if you're calling me out or just commenting on it 😆

The giveaway was the Bernese Mountain Dog :3

commenting... only!

• Haha 1