Really Weird Fortune Cookie Sayings

Confusion may come from presuming there's a message of some sort.

Many moons ago, there were actually fortunes inside those cookies, i.e., you will inherit money, you will meet your love on an unexpected trip, etc. Then, some opportunist (not making this up!) sued a fortune cookie company because they trusted their fortune and it didn't happen. They were awarded (dare I say it?) a fortune.

Since then, they've gone out of their way to instead give noncommittal wisecracks. Some are worse than others. My most memorable was, "You like Chinese food." It must be true; I got the same fortune twice...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

The one I got said, "If the table moves, move with it."

The one my mom got said, "Here we go. Low fat, whole wheat green tea."

I am so confused by their message.

XD that first one is actually cool though! I think it's like, you can't just sit there while things are happening (or while someone is moving your table) you have to get up and move with it! Life gets crazy and jumps around but don't sit there and wait for it to settle down. You'll be waiting forever.

I got a cool one: An unexpected relationship will become permamnent

and another one I remember was "the first person gets the oyster, the second gets the shell" 😄

heyyy we have some fortune cookies in my kitchen, maybe I should open them...just for the fortunes, ofc 

jk I would eat the cookie lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ThePerilousPen said:

think it's like, you can't just sit there while things are happening (or while someone is moving your table) you have to get up and move with it! Life gets crazy and jumps around but don't sit there and wait for it to settle down.

I was thinking that!

I got a cool one: An unexpected relationship will become permamnent

and another one I remember was "the first person gets the oyster, the second gets the shell"

Oh, boy, Kate, don't even start-

I got three fortunes in one cookie when I was eight (I think I was eight). That was cool.

heyyy we have some fortune cookies in my kitchen, maybe I should open them...just for the fortunes, ofc 

jk I would eat the cookie lol

For a time, I would just get the fortune and leave the cookie behind. I have recently decided to start eating the cookie. Haha.

1 hour ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I was thinking that!

Oh, boy, Kate, don't even start-

I got three fortunes in one cookie when I was eight (I think I was eight). That was cool.

For a time, I would just get the fortune and leave the cookie behind. I have recently decided to start eating the cookie. Haha.

3??!! Mad! 

lol I think I used to do that too 

• Like 1