Just wanted to let y'all know.  I'll be taking a break from writing for a while.  It's just causing me a lot of stress.  I can't think of anything worth writing, or come up with any good ideas, so I'm stepping back for a while.  I'm not sure if it will help, but I'm giving it a try.  Besides, I just don't really have the time to truly focus on writing right now.  When I go back to it, it needs to be with a fresh and open mind on my part.

I'm not sure how long this hiatus will be, but I expect anywhere from two weeks to one month.  I'm pretty certain it won't be any longer than that.  As for my activity on Christianwriters, I'm planning on still being here, but maybe not as often.  Maybe every few days or so?  Whenever I have some time and would like to check in.  My family is going on vacation to Georgia this Thursday, for about a week. Provided I have wifi there, I'll try to check in during that time.

Another reason I'm stepping back is that I need to focus on some health stuff.  Developing better eating habits, getting out and exercising more, things like that.  All of my hobbies and interests are not active things, and my dad is after me to start changing that, for my own benefit.

I'd surely appreciate it if you could pray for me.  Just in everything going on, and for self-control as I try to get into better habits before I'm too set in these ways.  It's not easy.  And, please pray for me to not get stressed so easily.  Almost anything can stress me out, just like that, and I know that has to change if I want to live a healthier life.  Thanks everyone, and God bless each of you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That is totally understandable. I wish you the best of luck. I'm glad you have the insight to see you need a break. And if no one else says this, I will. You're a teen. Enjoy it! If writing isn't fun for you, (Even if it's just now, or longer) that's ok. Not all writers are made to be authors. You have all the time in the world and don't need to place pressure on yourself to do anything at this point in your life, that doesn't add to your life, and you should not place unwanted pressure or anxiety on you. You just let us know how to support you, and we will. We'll be praying for you, and I hope you enjoy your break. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Totally understand.  I did a similar thing very recently and am just coming out of my bunker.  The fact that you have the self-awareness is a good sign that you will return to writing when ready.  Get out, party, soak up the beauty of the earth, spend time with family and friends. When you are ready, you will start writing again. Meanwhile stay in touch as we pray for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Being a teen isn't easy under the best of circumstances, and these last few years have not been the best of circumstances. Do what you need to do. Words on paper or screen will still be there when you come back. Books and short stories are not going away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Wesley Southern Cool, thanks.  I'll try to share some pics on my status updates!  You can check 'em out there.  👍

@Alley That means so much to me!  Thank you ever so much for taking the time to tell me that.  I appreciate you and your kind words.

@Shamrock Thanks a million!  Your message was beautiful, just what I needed to hear.  And I realize that Christianwriters ... it's more than the writing forum I belong to.  It is part of my Christian fellowship.  You are all my friends, and my family through Christ.  I will be sure to stay in touch.  Thank you.

@suspensewriter @Ky_GirlatHeart @lynnmosher @HK1 Y'all are great.  Thanks for the prayers!! ♥️

@carolinamtne Thanks!!  I know, I just needed to step back for awhile.  Writing will indeed still be there, waiting for when I am ready to return to it.  😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Grey_Skies:  I fully understand your feeling the need to take a break from writing. On my blog, I found out I had to "unplug" at different times of the year.  Last month, I chose to take a few weeks off since I had a major health issue to deal with. We all have to take care of ourselves. Enjoy your time away from writing. 

During my blog break, I rediscovered baking. Now, I can bake muffins that I can eat and enjoy them.  Early next week, one of my prayer group members has a birthday. I committed to making muffins for the little party we are going to have. Shhh, don't tell anyone else outside of this forum, it's a surprise. 🙂

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

I remember that.  I've been praying for you; are you doing better now?

I have to see the surgeon again this next Monday. I will have a telehealth visit from the NP at my radiation oncologist the end of this month. I will be seeing doctors on a regular basis for quite sometime. The medical oncologist started me on a small pill I have to take for five years.

Thank you for your prayers.