Which author would you like to have dinner with? (Who are still alive)

Presumably so you can talk about their books and writing techniques.

To make it harder, it has to be opposite gender. And you pick the restaurant.

image.jpeg.f5fd1d8a914d111452c9940cdb361e83.jpeg

I’ll pick Rebecca Stead who won the Newberry Award. She was a public defender before becoming an author. All her novels have profound twists to them, including time travel.

Also, I’d pick a Japanese Izakaya like a Benihana’s so I can get her to spill her writing secrets after a couple of rounds. Hehehe 🤑

• Haha 1

You did make this one hard. Most Christian fiction is written by women, and I don't go out to eat. 😄

But, I'd have to pick Tom Threadgill. He writes Christian suspense, and from his books, it seems like he has a great sense of humor. And it'd have to be at an organic restaurant!

10 minutes ago, HK1 said:

You did make this one hard. Most Christian fiction is written by women, and I don't go out to eat. 😄

But, I'd have to pick Tom Threadgill. He writes Christian suspense, and from his books, it seems like he has a great sense of humor. And it'd have to be at an organic restaurant!

oh dang, u and i would probably not get along irl

• Haha 1

uhhhhh

McDonalds XD 

kiddinggggg but actually Mickey D's is really good...um  a restaurant? welp. dunno. I mean anywhere that doesn't have lots of calories (which is why I wouldn't actually pick McDonalds or any kind of fast food)

Sadie Roberston would be cool, lol. 

OOH HAVE ANY MEMBERS OF 1D WRITTEN A BOOK

*googles it* I think Zayn did....

well it looks like maybe they did? 👀 

1 hour ago, William D'Andrea said:

I was just answering the question in this topic's title.  I have no idea if anybody's organizing anything.

I figured. Haha. But it still would be a great idea if anyone's willing to do it!

If I could choose a Christian author to eat a meal with, it would be Max Lucado. I enjoy the way he writes. We would have to go to Cracker Barrel because I know I can get Rainbow Trout, baked potato, stewed apples and a combination salad. All these dishes are gluten-free. 

• Like 1