Do Christians celebrate Halloween?

Do Christians celebrate Halloween?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do Christians celebrate Halloween?

• Yes, Halloween is for everyone (in America and Canada)!
    • No, Halloween is not appropriate for Christians to celebrate because...
    • Yes, it’s free candy. Trick-or-treat is just a figure of speech
    • Yes, you get to dress up and have a lovely time hanging out with friends

Posted (edited)

I have posted an article concerning Halloween, titled "Halloween Thoughts and Memories" here on christianwriters.com.  It's in the reading room.

christianwriters.com/the-reading-room/halloween-thoughts-and-memories-r155/

Edited by William D'Andrea

It just depends. I know some who choose to participate and some who don't. For those who choose to participate, it's just trick-or-treat and the occasional costume party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

And that is why there is more than one station on the radio! That's your prerogative to choose.

Well said, Lynn. 🙂

• Like 1

Odd question - it isn't 'should Christians celebrate Hallowe'en?' I expect lots of Christians do celebrate Hallowe'en. What is a Christian? Someone who has already passed from death into life, thanks to the fact that the Lord Jesus has taken all our sins on himself. 

Should Christians.......... is not a question anyone should be asking. We all stand alone before our Master, and its his work to sort out what others should or shouldn't do.

We should only be asking him - "Should I celebrate Halloween this year?" and he will be giving us all different answers. 

God Bless you all. Barbara

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, barbarac said:

Odd question - it isn't 'should Christians celebrate Hallowe'en?' I expect lots of Christians do celebrate Hallowe'en. What is a Christian? Someone who has already passed from death into life, thanks to the fact that the Lord Jesus has taken all our sins on himself. 

Should Christians.......... is not a question anyone should be asking. We all stand alone before our Master, and its his work to sort out what others should or shouldn't do.

We should only be asking him - "Should I celebrate Halloween this year?" and he will be giving us all different answers. 

That’s what I asked.

Do Christians...

38 minutes ago, barbarac said:

For me personally (something I've had to learn...haha), everyone has a choice. They should listen to both sides of the argument; and if they're saved, they should ask the Holy Spirit for discernment. Then they go with where they feel led to go.

I voted for this poll, then realized I probably shouldn't have voted.

10 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

For me personally (something I've had to learn...haha), everyone has a choice. They should listen to both sides of the argument; and if they're saved, they should ask the Holy Spirit for discernment. Then they go with where they feel led to go.

I voted for this poll, then realized I probably shouldn't have voted.

I’ll vote for it so you’re not alone

• Thanks 1

I can't speak for all Christians ... As a kid, I did the whole dress up and get candy from the neighbors thing. I don't celebrate Halloween now because of the evil/satanic origins of it.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, HK1 said:

I can't speak for all Christians ... As a kid, I did the whole dress up and get candy from the neighbors thing. I don't celebrate Halloween now because of the evil/satanic origins of it.

aw gee

I'm not really gung-ho about "celebrating" it myself, like I don't go out of my way to celebrate it.  But when I was younger, I would dress up, do things with friends, etc.  I've never had the chance yet to actually do traditional trick-or-treating from door to door, but I would love to.  My parents would most likely let me.  I know it's got some goofy origins, but I see it now as more just an opportunity to hang with friends, goof off, be weird and crazy, get free candy.  This past Halloween, I just hung out with one of my best friends, and we watched "Frankenweenie" (2012) and did Halloween makeup.  Y'know, harmless fun.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

I'm not really gung-ho about "celebrating" it myself, like I don't go out of my way to celebrate it.  But when I was younger, I would dress up, do things with friends, etc.  I've never had the chance yet to actually do traditional trick-or-treating from door to door, but I would love to.  My parents would most likely let me.  I know it's got some goofy origins, but I see it now as more just an opportunity to hang with friends, goof off, be weird and crazy, get free candy.  This past Halloween, I just hung out with one of my best friends, and we watched "Frankenweenie" (2012) and did Halloween makeup.  Y'know, harmless fun.

Yeah, that’s really tame

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Wesley Southern said:

I didn’t know some Christians didn’t celebrate Halloween until I began hanging out with a fellowship in college. It was quite a shock!

hang on hang on

you mean to tell me you're not a teenager 

💀

2 hours ago, Wesley Southern said:

Nah, I’m a millennial

*spits out coffee* 

HAHAHA YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT

I feel so young . . .  so small and kiddish. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME /j

jk, that's actually kind of cool. You're probably about my brother's age, then, lmao. GEEZ if you're a millenial, why do you use "u" instead if you?? 

1 minute ago, ThePerilousPen said:

*spits out coffee* 

HAHAHA YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT

I feel so young . . .  so small and kiddish. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME /j

jk, that's actually kind of cool. You're probably about my brother's age, then, lmao. GEEZ if you're a millenial, why do you use "u" instead if you?? 

u save time without those extra letters