Any remedies/ ideas of stuff to do while you’re sick?

Aw, Kate! I'm sorry. 😢

Yes: as a preventative, apple cider vinegar works well (1T vinegar, 1 T honey and a little warm water. Tastes disgusting, but it really helps. I think I have raw vinegar.)

For sore throats: lots of tea (especially Traditional Medicinals'  "Throat Coat") Honey also feels good. Just a little spoonful can sooth. Or mix it in your tea. Raw honey has healing properties. I have a de-congestion syrup, if you feel so inclined, but it might not feel great on a sore throat. Try ginger tea with honey. (like ginger root in water, with honey in it. Yummy and helpful.)

And take Vitamin C!

I hope you get better soon. Hugs!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Strong Room, the Prisoner of Zenda, the Witch of Blackbird Pond, The Edge on the Sword (I thought it was wonderful, but sad...) Those are all good books, I thought. They caught and held my attention, so maybe  good sick books???

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

especially for a sore throat

Tea with honey. Staying hydrated, electrolytes. . .

21 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

using for a whiteboard to communicate

Praying for you. 

• Like 1

A cup of hot milk with a teaspoon of honey is almost startlingly helpful for a sore throat. I remember one person asking, "Why hasn't anyone told me about this, before?"

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Are you artsy at all? You could do some painting or drawing or learn how to paint/draw. Ooh, you could also download one of those movie-making apps and create mini movies with your photos and videos. Those are lots of fun.

Praying as well!

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart
  • Thanks 1

Ditto what's been suggested. However, manuka honey is even better than raw. It has properties that are antibacterial and antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant benefits. It even helps clear up blemishes on your skin.

I don't know if you have cable or something like Roku but Aerial America is a great series showcasing each state. It's a history lesson in a travelog. Really good! Also, there are museums that now have online tours. That's pretty cool as well.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours

This site lists 45 tours of the world. Really interesting.

https://www.globotreks.com/tips/best-virtual-tours-world/

https://thetravelintern.com/free-virtual-tours-around-the-world/

https://worldwidehoneymoon.com/best-virtual-tours-online-travel-from-home/

These should keep you busy for a while. 😃

If you're not a mama, you can choose whichever of the remedies others have suggested that works for you. But if you're a mama, you have to ignore the sore throat and go about your mama duties. Except for yelling at the kids... and somehow, a white board for yelling at them doesn't have the same impact...

• Haha 4
45 minutes ago, Tommie Lyn said:

If you're not a mama, you can choose whichever of the remedies others have suggested that works for you. But if you're a mama, you have to ignore the sore throat and go about your mama duties. Except for yelling at the kids... and somehow, a white board for yelling at them doesn't have the same impact...

I'm honored that you think I'm a mom (I wish I could be this goofy when I am! I hope I will be, cause I want my kids to be as crazy as me 😜 ) however I'm 14 so I'll stick with the remedies 😉

haha! ya know, that's not a bad idea for a book scene . . . a mom using a whiteboard to yell at the kids XD

• Haha 6
On 5/7/2021 at 9:58 AM, lynnmosher said:

Ditto what's been suggested. However, manuka honey is even better than raw. It has properties that are antibacterial and antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant benefits. It even helps clear up blemishes on your skin.

If you get none pasteurized honey from a local (to wherever you live) beekeeper, it will also help with seasonal allergies. 

And ditto to what everyone else said. 

• Like 1