Jump to content

Which subject do you wish schools would teach?


Which subject do you wish schools would teach?  

5 members have voted

  1. 1. Which subject(s) do you wish schools would teach more of? (pick as many as you like)

    • health and basic nutrition
      3
    • civics
      2
    • home economics
      3
    • financial literacy
      4
    • rhetoric and the Socratic method
      2
    • career planning
      4
    • multimedia literacy
      0
    • interpersonal conflict resolution
      2


Recommended Posts

Just now, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Ohhh, okay.

 

Also...What exactly is rhetoric and the Socrates method? (Sorry, I don't know these things. Haha.)

 

rhetoric is how to persuade someone

 

the Socratic Method is how to prove the things you know

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go with most of them then! Kind of eye-opening now that my homeschool curriculum (and the academy in which the curriculum came from) offers most of these, yet the public schools do not.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I'd go with most of them then! Kind of eye-opening now that my homeschool curriculum (and the academy in which the curriculum came from) offers most of these, yet the public schools do not.

 

public school will break your heart and send the pieces into a crematorium

 

have you heard of the school-to-prison pipeline?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wesley Southern said:

ublic school will break your heart and send the pieces into a crematorium

 

have you heard of the school-to-prison pipeline?

Got it...

 

I have not, but it sounds as if a lot of public school students end up doing crimes and go to jail regardless of the D.A.R.E principles and such?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Got it...

 

I have not, but it sounds as if a lot of public school students end up doing crimes and go to jail regardless of the D.A.R.E principles and such?

 

The problem starts at home and is exacerbated by poverty in the community.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

when your school offers civics, health & nutrition, home ec, and--

 

oh wow. like all of them . . . 🤣 and I'm talking about my high school (well for some of these)

 

so uhhh none of them. teach no more. 

Edited by ThePerilousPen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.