What was the last book you read that broke your heart?

Guest Wesley Southern

Guest Wesley Southern
1 minute ago, ThePerilousPen said:

You're American aren't you??!! 

so, what do you watch...idk french movies? british ones where they actors have spaced out teeth? (no offense, British people, it just drives me insane. so idk maybe that's offensive)

I watch anime because I'm from Asia soooooo American stuff is only good in bite sized pieces 😂😂

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one.  It's set in rural Pennsylvania, in autumn of 1943, and it's one of my favorites.  It  had literally the furthest thing from a happy ending, and yet the ending was absolutely fitting and sat

Does a slight argument with a friend count? 😛

I for one would be very surprised, yes. But also given the old movies you watch with cynical charcacters, I can see how you would have examples of it XD 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Wesley Southern said:

I watch anime because I'm from Asia soooooo American stuff is only good in bite sized pieces 😂😂

ANIME YES! have you watched Sword Art Online or Avatar: The Last Airbender? wait is Avatar anime? 

Guest Wesley Southern
Just now, ThePerilousPen said:

ANIME YES! have you watched Sword Art Online or Avatar: The Last Airbender? wait is Avatar anime? 

sure, I watched Sword Art Online both seasons, but wayyy too much fanservice in the second season

uh, no Avatar for me. That ain't anime.

My last favorite alternate universe anime was The Rising of the Shield Hero

Just now, Wesley Southern said:

sure, I watched Sword Art Online both seasons, but wayyy too much fanservice in the second season

uh, no Avatar for me. That ain't anime.

My last favorite alternate universe anime was The Rising of the Shield Hero

never heard of it! what's it about?

I'm still on the first season of SAO, but it's cool so far. 

Guest Wesley Southern
1 minute ago, ThePerilousPen said:

never heard of it! what's it about?

I'm still on the first season of SAO, but it's cool so far. 

RotSH is about a regular guy being sucked into a storybook where he has to fight these monsters to restore a kingdom that hates him. Lots of angst there.

You'll love it if you like RPG games.

Just now, Wesley Southern said:

RotSH is about a regular guy being sucked into a storybook where he has to fight these monsters to restore a kingdom that hates him. Lots of angst there.

You'll love it if you like RPG games.

cool, thanks! not sure if I'll be able to watch it XD I'll check with my brother :))

Guest Wesley Southern
8 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I'm so confused...How are people so drawn out to anime? Haha.

Well, have you ever watched an anime?

5 minutes ago, Wesley Southern said:

Well, have you ever watched an anime?

My friend introduced me to the first episode of Naruto. We didn't finish it, but I didn't care to anyway.

Guest Wesley Southern
9 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

My friend introduced me to the first episode of Naruto. We didn't finish it, but I didn't care to anyway.

Ahem, I happen to LOVE Naruto.

But you don’t have to like everything, Ice Bear.

18 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

"Here's looking at you kid.  We'll always have Paris."

Thanks Bill. 🙂 Now, I just really really really want to go rewatch my new Blu-ray copy of Casablanca.

I have been reduced to tears reading several books since. But in particular, I remember that after finishing, The Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Marillier when I was 17, I turned off my light, pulled the covers up and literally cried myself to sleep. It was quite late, I think.  I was not only so saddened, but angry as well at the injustices done to some of the characters. After I finished the first book, in which I cried, a classmate said I would cry more and she was right.