Would you eat an “Impossible Whopper”?

Would you eat an “Impossible Whopper”?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you eat an “Impossible Whopper”?

• Yes, go veg! Woo-hoo!
    • No, I like McDonald’s!
    • No, I eschew all fast food
    • Why not? Food is food
    • Yes, I’ll try anything once!
    • There is no conceivable reason anyone should ever want to eat this...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh...I don't know for sure...Not because of the burger itself, but because it's Burger King.

I think that just means they belong in the kitchen if they choose to pursue culinary opportunities. As a woman, I can't say I have a problem with that, as long as it's by the woman's personal choice a

^that’s me being profound btw

Posted Images

Ok, confession time. 😄 We were curious what it tasted like, so we bought one and cut it into small pieces for everyone in my family to try a small piece. Not bad, and a good option for someone who prefers vegetarian. But I personally still prefer the real thing.

Do you know what is really tasty? Veggie Burgers. They don't taste like beef, but they're very good in their own right. I'd eat that just because I like it.

I should also say I'm a meat & potatoes kind of girl, so there's no agenda in saying that above. 🙂

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Wesley Southern said:

Would you buy a shirt produced in a sweatshop?

That's pretty off-topic. I thought we were talking about the Impossible Whopper?

• Like 2

I think that just means they belong in the kitchen if they choose to pursue culinary opportunities. As a woman, I can't say I have a problem with that, as long as it's by the woman's personal choice and not forced expectation. A man would equally belong in the kitchen if he chose to pursue that profession.  😄

Now, back to tasting the Impossible Burger. 🙂

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Wesley Southern said:

Would you buy a shirt produced in a sweatshop?

I don't know what a sweatshop is. 😉 But Rebecca's right. This is about the Impossible Whopper and not about cows breaking loose from a spaceship in Saturn.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

This is about the Impossible Whopper

It sounds pretty gross to me. Even if I ate fast food, I wouldn't eat it. 🤢

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

No, I like my beef. 😊 Nothing from McDonald's or Bk anyhow. But Five Guys is SO good. 

Edited by Sophie
  • Like 3

I have a childhood memory of my mother ordering a “veggie burger” from some place, and then crying when she realized it wasn’t actually meat (she was expecting at the time.)

This was many years ago, so meat substitutes were not as common as they are now—she thought a veggie burger was a burger with extra fixings. Still, this experience turned me off from meat substitutes for life...so no, I probably wouldn’t eat the Impossible Whopper.

25 minutes ago, Zee said:

I have a childhood memory of my mother ordering a “veggie burger” from some place, and then crying when she realized it wasn’t actually meat (she was expecting at the time.)

This was many years ago, so meat substitutes were not as common as they are now—she thought a veggie burger was a burger with extra fixings. Still, this experience turned me off from meat substitutes for life...so no, I probably wouldn’t eat the Impossible Whopper.

That was your mother’s experience, not yours though. That’s really weird to vicariously take that experience and apply it to yourself

There have been many foods (and things that had nothing to do with food) that I've tried once, and probably won't try again.

Still, I'm glad to have tried them, and will keep on trying new things. If I don't I'll never know if I'd like them or not. If it's just a burger, it's a no-brainer. I'd gladly try it. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Wes B said:

There have been many foods (and things that had nothing to do with food) that I've tried once, and probably won't try again.

I have issues with "trying" foods. My hubby, who would try most things at least once, badgered, cajoled, and kept on at me until I finally gave in and tried... erp! .... fried gator (he liked it and wanted me to like it, too {shudder}).

"Tastes just like chicken," he assured me.

Nope. For those of you who haven't tried it, I'll warn you, it tastes nothing like chicken. It tastes.... how do I say it? .... reptilian.

As for the vegetarian whopper, I wouldn't go out of my way to try it but probably wouldn't turn my nose up at it if one were placed in front of me. I mean, how badly could they mess it up? At least they don't put fried gator in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wesley: I follow a gluten-free diet due to coeliac spru. I don't eat anything containing wheat, barley or rye. I also have difficulty with oats. Because of this, we really don't do fast foods. The closest to fast food restaurants we go to is Captain D's. They have grilled items. 

2 hours ago, HK1 said:

Ewww... 🤢

I’ve had alligator before when I went to Louisiana. It tasted just fine if you deep fry it.

55 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Ew...The skin rubbing between your teeth...Eek.

imma agree with @Tommie Lyn’s husband. It tastes like chicken

1 hour ago, quietspirit said:

Wesley: I follow a gluten-free diet due to coeliac spru. I don't eat anything containing wheat, barley or rye. I also have difficulty with oats. Because of this, we really don't do fast foods. The closest to fast food restaurants we go to is Captain D's. They have grilled items. 

Oh dear, that’s terrible. Do you get a lot of quinoa and brown rice in your diet?

1 hour ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Ew...The skin rubbing between your teeth...Eek.

Actually, it was skinned, breaded, and fried. Would have been ok, except for the flavor.... {shudder}.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Tommie Lyn said:

Actually, it was skinned, breaded, and fried. Would have been ok, except for the flavor.... {shudder}.

I have to admit, we tried gator tail once at a steak house that served exotic foods. To me, it tasted just like chicken, too. 😆 It was fun to try (just to say we did) but in the future I'd just save the extra cost and order chicken.

Weirdly enough, my youngest daughter loved it and ate several pieces. 🐊

The description about it tasting reptilian will stick with me, though. 😄

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I have to admit, we tried gator tail once at a steak house that served exotic foods. To me, it tasted just like chicken, too. 😆

I'm glad y'all enjoyed it. My hubby loved it, and he'd always order gator tail appetizer in restaurants that served it, and when we ate at the Sailors' Grill at the beach, he'd sometimes order a gator tail po' boy. 🙂

• Like 2