Anyone heard of this Bible series?

Posted (edited)

Not Hollywood trash that I'm aware of. Heard the director (Dallas Jenkins, Jerry Jenkin's son) speak at a Christian film conference. What I've seen was a lil dark or heavy, though pretty outstanding. I was impressed with the level of professionalism and film quality for a Christian series. 

Edited by Sophie
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, Wesley Southern said:

I actually downloaded the app and watched one episode, but I didn’t know what was going on.

Well, if it's old testament, I am not surprised. I'll have to watch it and let you know what I find. 🙂 

The series is very good. It is unlike normal 'Jesus' movies and is an episodial story telling of the Gospel and New Testament. Part of the reason it is so different is that in the first episode it doesn't start focused on Jesus, you actually meet the disciples before they were disciples and you get a look at what they were like before they met Jesus and how they reacted to meeting him and how it changed their lives. It is an interesting narrative that brings the scriptures to life and has nothing to do with hollywood but is entirely crowd funded. I have watched the whole 1st season and it really is worth the watch, even if it just helps you to look at the new testament in a new way or gives you things to think about. 

3 hours ago, Amosathar said:

The series is very good. It is unlike normal 'Jesus' movies and is an episodial story telling of the Gospel and New Testament. Part of the reason it is so different is that in the first episode it doesn't start focused on Jesus, you actually meet the disciples before they were disciples and you get a look at what they were like before they met Jesus and how they reacted to meeting him and how it changed their lives. It is an interesting narrative that brings the scriptures to life and has nothing to do with hollywood but is entirely crowd funded. I have watched the whole 1st season and it really is worth the watch, even if it just helps you to look at the new testament in a new way or gives you things to think about. 

Oh! Thank you. That makes me even more interested in it!