I Have Respect for You Mothers. Literally.

Children can frustrate a babysitter. Back in the day, (1960's), I took care of a friend-of- the- family's five boys. When I told a close friend that I did that. (During the early 1990's), she could not believe it. Back then children were taught by their parents to behave and to do as they were told. I have seen changes in children's behavior each decade since the 1960s. I told our son that if he would act up, I would prefer he do it at home. 

I almost lost a babysitter, an adult woman, because of his mouth.  I got his attention and she watched him until my husband got laid off from his job. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, quietspirit said:

Children can frustrate a babysitter. Back in the day, (1960's), I took care of a friend-of- the- family's five boys. When I told a close friend that I did that. (During the early 1990's), she could not believe it. Back then children were taught by their parents to behave and to do as they were told. I have seen changes in children's behavior each decade since the 1960s. I told our son that if he would act up, I would prefer he do it at home. 

I almost lost a babysitter, an adult woman, because of his mouth.  I got his attention and she watched him until my husband got laid off from his job. 

Wow! Yes, I agree. Behavior is absolutely beserk in this day and age...I don't understand how some kids can treat their parents the way they do without getting in trouble.

• Like 1
On 5/6/2021 at 9:56 AM, Tommie Lyn said:

Been there, too!

Me too! I once thought I'd have to chain myself to my daughter to keep her out of trouble. My husband found me weeping at the table when he came home from work several times. But I survived, as do all mothers. 🙂 

• Like 1