Try not to laugh when you read this

NOOOOO

😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😄😂

I will have you know, I just cracked up so, so bad reading this.  And that's saying something, 'cause I don't usually crack up that bad when I read something funny.  This definitely brightened my day.  Thanks, Kate! 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

NOOOOO

😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😄😂

I will have you know, I just cracked up so, so bad reading this.  And that's saying something, 'cause I don't usually crack up that bad when I read something funny.  This definitely brightened my day.  Thanks, Kate! 😊

HEHE YES 

and yw 😁

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

@ThePerilousPen I just read this to my dad.  It was even funnier the second time around!!  I couldn't even get through it without losing it and cracking up and having to stop.  My dad thought it was pretty funny too.

haha my dad is the one who showed it to me and he hardly made it through 😂

• Like 4
1 hour ago, William D'Andrea said:

I didn't think it was at all funny.  Just annoyingly vulgar.  

I'd also like to add that I'm an natural comedian, and when I'm writing fiction, this joker is wild.  That's fiction which contains content, that would not be allowed here on christianwriters.com.   

Seeing as how other people liked it, I see no issue with it being on here. People have shared writed WAY more explicit than this (though this isn't even graphic in any way, much less explicit) sorry it annoyed you . . . 

Edited by ThePerilousPen
2 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

I didn't think it was at all funny.  Just annoyingly vulgar.  

I'd also like to add that I'm an natural comedian, and when I'm writing fiction, this joker is wild.  That's fiction which contains content, that would not be allowed here on christianwriters.com.   

I certainly see your point, @William D'Andrea, and I even had a twinge of conscience myself. However, I'm not sure it actually crossed a line.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

Seeing as how other people liked it, I see no issue with it being on here.  sorry it annoyed you . . . 

I'm not against it being here.  I was just answering the title "Try not to laugh when you read this."  For me that was no problem.

10 minutes ago, Leah_Donavan said:

I even had a twinge of conscience myself. However, I'm not sure it actually crossed a line.

I think my problem is that I didn't expect to see anything like this article posted here on christianwriters.com.

I hope I'm not offending anyone with my criticism.

• Like 2

I once read the story of a woman who was the Executive Secretary at a large factory in the early days of the internet and email systems. The owner's family lost a family member and this women wrote a long, emotional email to the entire company telling stories both funny and touching remembering the family member. 

And then, at the end, she thought she signed off with an abbreviation for 'lots of love,' but what she sent was LOL.

About this post, some thought it was funny, some thought it crossed the line. It struck me as a similar rather innocent misapplication of language of the sort we've all done at one time or another. That sounds like comedy to me. Comedy is hard. 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

I'm not against it being here.  I was just answering the title "Try not to laugh when you read this."  For me that was no problem.

As far as that goes, I didn't laugh either, but at least partly because I just don't laugh much at things I read.  As far as not offending people, my own philosophy is that it's easier for everybody if I don't get offended at what they say.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Johne said:

I once read the story of a woman who was the Executive Secretary at a large factory in the early days of the internet and email systems. The owner's family lost a family member and this women wrote a long, emotional email to the entire company telling stories both funny and touching remembering the family member. 

And then, at the end, she thought she signed off with an abbreviation for 'lots of love,' but what she sent was LOL.

About this post, some thought it was funny, some thought it crossed the line. It struck me as a similar rather innocent misapplication of language of the sort we've all done at one time or another. That sounds like comedy to me. Comedy is hard. 

AHH YES I'VE HEARD THAT STORY XD

and thank you, I'm glad someone sees it like I do! 

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Johne said:

Now THAT was funny. Thanks, Johne.

• Like 1