Are you a dog person or cat person?

Are you a dog person or cat person?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a dog person or cat person?

• Dog person (woof)
    • Cat person (meow)

I live in a senior citizen village, which is surrounded by a grove of pine trees.  A few feral cats live in the grove, and a few ladies who live here, toss out food for them in the mornings.

Several months ago, I discovered one of the cats, who has black fur, sleeping on the rubber mat outside my door.

A Black Cat?!!!! (Bad luck?)  Outside my door?!!!!  (Very Bad Luck?)

I'm just kidding with that last line.  What really concerned me, was that when I left the house, I might bump into the cat the with the screen door.

You left out nether as an option. I am just not a pet person. That being said I do have two dogs for my kids. I believe that kids should have a dog growing up, but after that its no more pet for me.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, jonjovi said:

You left out nether as an option. I am just not a pet person. That being said I do have two dogs for my kids. I believe that kids should have a dog growing up, but after that its no more pet for me.

I’m a people person at heart.

• Like 1

Hey, you've got a fellow cat person over here!  I used to be dog-obsessed as a little child, but I've since grown more partial to cats.  They're lower maintenance, quieter, less annoying, and easier to live with.  A big part of the reason for my switch is the really bad breaks I've gotten with dogs.  I have an old Chihuahua right now, who is mostly attached to my dad; two others just didn't work out and we rehomed them; and the one who might've worked out, the one I truly loved...she died in a really terrible way, just five days after we got her. 💔 Don't get me wrong, I'm still planning on getting myself a dog one day, and pray for better results, but cats currently have my heart. 😻

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Wesley Southern said:

Idk, Ur a little too bubbly to be a cat person

So there's a drawn-out list of rules that one must follow in order to be a cat person, and one of the rules is for the person to not be extremely bubbly? 😄 (I'm teasing of course.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Wesley Southern said:

Idk, Ur a little too bubbly to be a cat person

So you sayin' you don't take my word for it?  Look, I'm a cat person.  Also, if you knew me irl, I highly doubt you'd call me bubbly.  🤷

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Grey_Skies said:

So you sayin' you don't take my word for it?  Look, I'm a cat person.  Also, if you knew me irl, I highly doubt you'd call me bubbly.  🤷

I’ll take @Ky_GirlatHeart’s word for things, but a true cat person would never say they were dog-obsessed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like cats, but I am definitely more of a dog person, always was. I think I have to say that especially now since I was blessed with being given a Seeing Eye Dog four months ago. My dog, Valiant and all other highly trained canines are amazing in what they do.

• Like 2

I have a dog and a cat

my dog has some cat traits

and my cat has some dog traits

my cat LOVES riding in the car.  He throws a hissy fit when he has to get out.. he digs his nails in and refuses to leave..and tries to hide under the seat..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Johne locked this topic