Jump to content

African Zoom Party!


Nicola
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wherever you're from, Wherever you're living now, You are welcome at the Table. 

You are invited to a Zoom Party celebrating all things African, and the Leoshine Series!

When @Claire Tuckerasked how she could help put Leoshine on the map, I immediately leaped on the idea of a party. We just can't have enough parties!

May 8th at 7 pm SaST, 11 am MDT, 12 pm CDT, 1 pm EDT 2 pm ADT (Did we cover most of the possibilities?) 

Sign up at https://leoshine.micandpen.com/members-only/ to register for the zoom link, which will be sent out about 24 hours before the party. 

We are planning an interview, a reading, a poll and a quiz on South African culture, and I'm really hoping my cover artist from Niger will pop in! 

Come on in! You are welcome at the Table!

 

Leoshine SA.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I might be busy by then though.

Never too busy to party!

 

33 minutes ago, Zee said:

Sounds really cool! Wish Zoom worked for us...

Hop on someone else's? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds great! Will come on. I'm from Ghana hence the bias😉

On 4/26/2021 at 1:32 PM, Nicola said:

Wherever you're from, Wherever you're living now, You are welcome at the Table. 

You are invited to a Zoom Party celebrating all things African, and the Leoshine Series!

When @Claire Tuckerasked how she could help put Leoshine on the map, I immediately leaped on the idea of a party. We just can't have enough parties!

May 8th at 7 pm SaST, 11 am MDT, 12 pm CDT, 1 pm EDT 2 pm ADT (Did we cover most of the possibilities?) 

Sign up at https://leoshine.micandpen.com/members-only/ to register for the zoom link, which will be sent out about 24 hours before the party. 

We are planning an interview, a reading, a poll and a quiz on South African culture, and I'm really hoping my cover artist from Niger will pop in! 

Come on in! You are welcome at the Table!

 

Leoshine SA.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Sounds great! Will come on. I'm from Ghana hence the bias

Priscilla! That's wonderful! My sister-in-law was Canada's ambassador to Ghana for three years! 

I know that the continent of Africa has more variety in culture than all the leopard spots in the world, but I hope we can all celebrate together. I would love it if you spoke to the party about what you are writing and about Ghanaian culture! 

OOOOOH People! This party just got a whole lot better! See you there! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Nicola said:

Priscilla! That's wonderful! My sister-in-law was Canada's ambassador to Ghana for three years! 

I know that the continent of Africa has more variety in culture than all the leopard spots in the world, but I hope we can all celebrate together. I would love it if you spoke to the party about what you are writing and about Ghanaian culture! 

OOOOOH People! This party just got a whole lot better! See you there! 

I'd love to! OK will DM you for more info about what you want me to talk about!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Wesley Southern
On 4/26/2021 at 10:58 AM, Zee said:

Sounds really cool! Wish Zoom worked for us...

 

Why doesn’t Zoom work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wesley Southern said:

 

Why doesn’t Zoom work?

 

Short story—dodgy internet connection and general insanity...it works, just not well enough to inflict myself on people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Wesley Southern
On 4/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, Zee said:

Short story—dodgy internet connection and general insanity...it works, just not well enough to inflict myself on people.

 

Should I be concerned about your mental health?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wesley Southern said:

 

Should I be concerned about your mental health?

 

My mind is sound, thankfully, but I share a small space with a number of very loud people...hence the near constant chaos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Wesley Southern
50 minutes ago, Zee said:

My mind is sound, thankfully, but I share a small space with a number of very loud people...hence the near constant chaos.

 

Maybe you can tell those people to be quiet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Zee said:

My mind is sound, thankfully, but I share a small space with a number of very loud people...hence the near constant chaos.

I wish you could go to a cafe, or something, just for a little while. No matter what, we know you will be with us in spirit!

 

@suspensewriter? Any news on your attendance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.