My sister flies home to Congo tomorrow, with a 16 month old and 8 month old in tow. It’s an exciting day, a long time in coming (Daddy has never met his youngest daughter) but I know she’d appreciate prayers for a safe, peaceful and relatively tear-free trip.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Oh, wow! That's a handful. Or rather, two handfuls! Praying the trip is uneventful and calm. With sleepy babies. 😉😃

It certainly is a handful! It reminds me of the time I had to fly alone with my four-year-old, my two-year-old, and my nine-month-old boys from Monroe, Louisiana to Naha, Okinawa. The one thing about situations like that, you learn that you have more strength than you thought you had. And I wouldn't take anything for the memory....

• Like 3
5 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Wow! TL that sounds like it stretched your hands for sure. 😄

I was in my twenties then and had lots of energy (although I didn't think so at the time, LOL). Nowadays I wouldn't be able to travel 50 miles with even one of that little crew! But, oh, the sweet memories of those little boys, and how proud I am of the men they've become.

• Like 2

Heard from my sister this morning. They’re in Paris. The kids screamed all the way across the Atlantic, but hey, they’re halfway there.

She’s grateful for the prayer support. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Tommie Lyn said:

I was in my twenties then and had lots of energy (although I didn't think so at the time, LOL). Nowadays I wouldn't be able to travel 50 miles with even one of that little crew!

My mother had a saying when our son was a baby. "That's why God gives us children when we are young."

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Zee said:

The kids screamed all the way across the Atlantic

Oh the jangled nerves! You will pick her up from the airport? Put her straight into a hot bath!

• Like 1

Update: They made it to Brazzaville—family reunited. Now it’s just a simple matter of an eight hour bus ride home...not sure when they’re going to sleep. 

Sister says, “We’re haulin’ dynamite and need all the help we can get...” (bonus points for catching that reference.)

But we are all VERY HAPPY. And thankful.

• Like 2