Update (TW for overdose, death, s**cide)

soooo as you know on Sunday night grounded for swearing *accidentally* to my mom (not at her mind you) and anyway, the week became very tough. I was already SO stressed and upset and barely holding on and then this happened and I sort of snapped. withuot my friends and writing (and music) I felt like I'd lost my purpose. (I can't see any irl friends so the online obed are all I have)

I didn't want to kill myself, I really just wanted to inflict physical pain to distract myself from emotioanl pain and MAJOR anxiety so I overdosed on meds (which yes could have killed me) and I admit that for a short time I did consider suicide, because on Wednesday, my Sunday School teacher died :,(

then I had to go to the hospital for a previous health issue 😕

so here I was with no one to talk to, I couldn't get help, I had TONS of school to do but even after school I just sat around feeling depressed and also

that's why I considered suicide (and ruled it out) ((that plus some other stuff)) so anyway . . .  yeah

I'm back now. Hopefully it'll stay like that? dunno!

anyway that’s what happened, and yes my parents know. I think I’m doing better? Still working through some . . . mm anger ig (at my parents) so yeah . . . anyways! thanks for all the prayer 😄 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

🤗 Praying for you. I'm glad you're still here to post this. 

This isn't the same as having someone to talk to, but you shared this much, and I want you to know that we care. I'm a long ways from your age, but I do know that life can be very challenging growing up (or grown up!). Losing your Sunday School teacher must have been very painful.

No platitudes, because they do not help. However, stay in contact here, and we will "listen." 🤗

Edited by carolinamtne
adding hugs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No kidding, you've had a rough time of it lately, Kate.  I can't imagine what it must have felt like, nor can I pretend to fully understand.  Because in the long run, I get that only you can truly know the difficulties you're going through.

Listen, please don't even think about killing yourself anymore.  Think about it this way: life is God's greatest gift, and so, who do we think we are to decide we can just throw it away?  We can't just throw it back in God's face!  The time that we leave this earth is ordained by God, not us.  Besides that, God has a special purpose for your life! (Cliche, I know, but truth!)

Please just remember that when it feels like you have no one to talk to, you can talk to God. ♥️🙏

Love ya! 💖💖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh hugs and prayers! Hang in there, there is always hope for a better tomorrow. Happy to hear you reached out for help. I echo everyone too. We care. Talk to us whenever you need, about anything. God bless you and keep you close. 

• Thanks 1

People massively underestimate how stressful school is nowadays for pupils. I can remember my own daughter getting very upset on occasion. So think David Bowie -  Couple of Kooks - last verse.

Hang on in there Kate - as everyone has said, we are here for you and prayering for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

How are you now, @ThePerilousPen?

Doing better! I've been trying to connect with more people, so that helps 🙃 still working through some issues 😕 and unfrtunatly, my swearing is as bad as ever (the poor neighbors when I mowed the lawn the other day--they must have heard some words *facepalm*) 

• Thanks 1

I am praying for you, Kate. 🙏 Remember that you are made with a beautiful purpose, and that is beautiful because it was made by Him.

Romans 8:38-39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

I failed my permit test today (first kid to fail--all my sibs got it on the first day, even my sister, and she only studied the day of)

You're old enough to drive?? *confusion*

2 hours ago, ThePerilousPen said:

Yeah! In Iowa you can drive at 14

soooo I could have gotten it on my birthday

bit I don’t want to drive ever so I didn’t go 

*breathing intensifies* Okay, for a second I thought you told us you were 14 and were actually 16.

Now I want to see how old I have to be to drive...

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

*breathing intensifies* Okay, for a second I thought you told us you were 14 and were actually 16.

😂 If I was going to lie about my age, I would pretend to be older 😜 since apparenly I look 17 or 18 (or 25, so I've been told) 

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, ThePerilousPen said:

If I was going to lie about my age, I would pretend to be older 😜 since apparenly I look 17 or 18 (or 25, so I've been told) 

I can't see you pretending to be older...I really can't. Lol...

My sister and I can get mixed up, too. I'm quite short for my age, and she's very tall for an 11 year old. Thus, our height makes us appear as if our ages could be switched. 😄

Yet she still knows very well that she must listen to me at times, or else there will be consequences.

• Haha 2