Hey, y'all!

So, one of my closest friends is struggling. She's being raised in a home that's extremely anti-Jesus. Her mother is a witch and her father is an athiest. Her grandparents were the ones who led her to Christ a couple years ago, but since then, she's been trapped. Her parents check her phone specifically for any Bible-related conversations. Any time she tries to sneak a Bible into her house, they take it and her mom burns it outside. And she can't use the Bible app because, well, they check her phone!

My friend's only time she can actually study the Bible or talk about Christ whatsoever is when she's sleeping over at our house. She's even admitted to me that she's so afraid of her parents' reaction to Christ that she won't even mentally pray at home anymore. 

I'm very worried for her. Prayers are much needed. Thank y'all! ♥

• Sad 2

In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I ask God the Father Almighty, to send forth the Holy Spirit and cast out the devil from the home of Samantha Hopper's friend.  Then she will no longer be harmed by her parents.  I ask that her parents will be healthy and healed of any and all afflictions.  I also ask  that they will come to know the Lord Jesus as Savior.   Then they will know the Truth and the Truth will set them free; according to God’s word.
    “In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Thanks 1

That's very, very sad, but in a way, I find it inspiring that she perseveres. I will continue to keep her in prayer. Please let her know she's being an inspiration to others...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Wes B said:

Please let her know she's being an inspiration to others...

Ditto! Lord God, I praise You for putting Samantha in her friend's life. Strengthen both of them for this task. Please gather the community of believers together to fight against this wretchedness. Set them all free and glorify Your name among us! Amen

I remember back in The Olden Days [scene goes all wavy as we slip back in time to the really-early '90s] when I was an active part of a Middle Ages and Renaissance re-creation group (Society for Creative Anachronism).  I was asked how I spoke those archaic pronouns and verbs so nicely by an outspoken Wiccan woman.  Her husband was a good friend, but he liked to say he followed the Norse deities.  I told her she probably wouldn't like my answer.  I said I'm in about my 4th time through the King James Bible, and when you read it over and over daily, one can tend to start even thinking in that language.  She sneered a bit.  I told her to start out by reading Proverbs, since that's not going to be a slap-you-in-the-face-with-Christianity book.  She sort of curled her nose and said she might give it a try. 

A few weeks later, she approached me and said, with some awe in her voice, "That Solomon was one smart dude!"  A few years ago, I heard they'd renounced their paganism and joined a local church.  It's cool to think I might've planted a seed.

I don't know how to soften a hard pagan.  IF they're part of that re-creation group, you might suggest your friend expose her parents to a Wycliffe Bible --written in that later 1300s Middle English.

They're in my prayers.

• Like 1