Just curious...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite genre to read?

• Fantasy
    • Sci-Fi
    • Mystery
    • Romance
    • Thriller
    • Non-fiction (I know this is broad, sorry)
    • Other (including Dystopian, Contemporary, Christian, etc.)
  2. 2. Favorite genre to write?

• Fantasy
    • Sci-Fi
    • Mystery
    • Romance
    • Thriller
    • Children's
    • Non-fiction (once again rather broad)
    • Other (including Dystopian, Contemporary, Christian, etc.)

I read thrillers, Cozies, Romantic Suspense, Historicals, Fantasy, and Christian Fiction. 😊 I read one genre, switch to another and move on through my list. I write Paranormal Christian Thrillers (Spiritual Warfare), Cozy Mysteries, and Fantasy. 😄 

• Like 2
On 4/17/2021 at 1:56 PM, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Me over here who reads Christian romance will now retreat to my corner in silence but in pained agony.

I read Romantic suspense. Besides, Romance is one of the biggest selling genres. No need to go slinky into an corners. 😉 However, it is the one genre I can't write. Even with my cozy, a body showed up by Chapter Ten. What can I say? 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Cecilia Marie said:

I read Romantic suspense. Besides, Romance is one of the biggest selling genres. No need to go slinky into an corners. 😉 However, it is the one genre I can't write. Even with my cozy, a body showed up by Chapter Ten. What can I say? 

The only book that I've read that I guess would be considered romantic suspense (and Christian) would be Summer of Promises by Amanda Cabot. Maybe I should read more if I can find anymore?

12 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

The only book that I've read that I guess would be considered romantic suspense (and Christian) would be Summer of Promises by Amanda Cabot. Maybe I should read more if I can find anymore?

Lynnette Bonner, a former member of CW has some excellent romantic suspense, all Christian based. There are others, but that is the only one I remember at this moment. 

• Thanks 1

The "other" I picked for 'what I like to write' is mostly because I don't know how to label it.  Geared toward younger readers, but a fiction-based intro to wild edibles and survival.  --Sorta Hatchet-like, but older main characters and lots lighter/more-civilized setting.  I don't like drama, and I'm really just learning fiction-writing.