I'm having a hard time sitting down and writing, even though I think about it constantly and yearn for the opportunity while stuck doing other things. Judging from comments seen on FB, I am not alone - is anyone here finding it difficult to just sit down and do it? Do you think it is COVID, or the uncertainty of the future due to the instability of our country right now (as well as the world) or just that life is now so busy busy busy for everyone?

I think a lot of it comes from a.) procrastination, b.) writer's block, and c.) very little time to write. There's times that I only have time to squeeze in a little bit of writing for keyboarding homework before the rest of my day is filled with other things.

In your case, maybe you just need a creative boost to spur your gears? Writing prompts are great ways to get a boost. (I don't really go for them, but if you like them, then use them to your utmost ability!)

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart
  • Like 3

For me, I discovered a little time management and discipline works. I've rearranged how I spend my day, those days I get to stay home and not run errands. I'm managing 1000 words a day now and still getting all the other things done I want, including painting, house chores, and reading! Besides time with hubby and movies.  It may not last, but I'm enjoying it while I can. 😊

• Like 1

I can't write unless I have time to get immersed in the story, and these days, I have had too many interruptions {whine, whine}. Actually, I think I'm resisting finishing this story, because my first reader was always my hubby, and he won't be here to read this one. I can't seem to get past that. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Tommie Lyn said:

I can't write unless I have time to get immersed in the story, and these days, I have had too many interruptions {whine, whine}. Actually, I think I'm resisting finishing this story, because my first reader was always my hubby, and he won't be here to read this one. I can't seem to get past that. 

Oh I understand. ❤️ 

• Like 1