Blog vs Newsletter?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should I end my weekly blog in favor of monthly or quarterly newsletter?

• Maintain blog
    • Newsletter
    • Other brilliant idea?

After many years, I'm thinking of ending my weekly blog in favor of a monthly or quarterly newsletter. My thinking is that more people might read something that has multiple topics of interest and less often than weekly.

Thoughts? Thanks so much!

16 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

Actually, the only newsletter I read is Lynn's.

Because Lynn is the only one who doesn't try to sell you something, and she doesn't spam you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

all the stress has caused my fibromyalgia to flare up so my body is all whacked out. but feeling a little better today. went to the dr yesterday. the incision looks great. i don't have much pain in my wrist. however the brace i had we found out was too big and caused pain in my arthritic knuckles. very stiff and so are my fingers. rather painful. so i have to go for therapy. first appt on 23rd. so we'll see how i do. thanks so much for asking, nicola. 😃❤️

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

thanks so much for asking,

The advantage to one person asking is that we all get to find out. So thank you, Nicola, for asking, and thank you, Lynn, for giving us the update. And still praying.

• Like 1

I am new to the forum, but I am familiar with platform building and I would definitely recommend keeping up with your blog if you want to be discovered by people who don't know you in the future.  Your newsletter is a great idea to communicate with you existing followers, but new followers or future followers won't have access to that content after it is sent out.  There are "nerdy" reasons for a blog, but I won't go into that.  I think it mostly comes down to what you want to communicate and to whom.  I hope this helps.   

• Like 1