I'm Wesley from California, aspiring author. Wesley Southern's a pen name, kinda wanna rep the Golden State with a pun. Let's see, I like dramas, character-driven stuff about overcoming real world problems. I finished a novel during the pandemic lockdown and wanna query some agents now. Um, what else... coffee-drinker, cat person, on-again-off-again runner, and I like learning languages, esp. Asian languages. Looking forward to meeting you all.

• Like 4

Welcome to our writing family, Wesley. Glad you joined us. Be sure you have your work professionally edited before you look for an agent. Also, be sure you research how to write a book proposal. and be sure you follow the rules for each agent. not all are the same. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

Welcome to our writing family, Wesley. Glad you joined us. Be sure you have your work professionally edited before you look for an agent. Also, be sure you research how to write a book proposal. and be sure you follow the rules for each agent. not all are the same. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

Why, thank you @lynnmosher. Not gonna lie, I think I'm pretty good at the grammar and formatting stuff, but yeah, I'll check each agent's preferred format. I'm making a list of agents now.

Greetings and welcome!  I'm NOT a writing expert.  I just do it for fun.  It's cool that my grandkids like the story.  Languages:  There are so many different English translations of the Bible, I don't know if I'd have time to learn another language.  That said, I do actually read a second language Bible --or New Testament. http://www.gullahbible.com/

Edited by Paul but not THE
Left out a letter --Argh!
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, Wesley Southern said:

Wow, gee, a month already? I hope the people aren’t tired of m

Nah! I like having you here. You pose thought-provoking questions that make me make sure I have an answer for them. 😄

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Wesley Southern said:

maybe I don’t think those questions would be welcome? I was wondering since everyone else here is a Christian if they’d want me here or not

I can't tell if your first sentence was intended to have sarcasm or not...lol

I don't think every single person on here is a Christian. Yes, this is a Christian writing website, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were other unbelievers here. But of course we'd want you here. 🙂 At least I would. (And I'm pretty sure @ThePerilousPen would, too. 😄)

• Like 1
Just now, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I can't tell if your first sentence was intended to have sarcasm or not...lol

I don't think every single person on here is a Christian. Yes, this is a Christian writing website, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were other unbelievers here. But of course we'd want you here. 🙂 At least I would. (And I'm pretty sure @ThePerilousPen would, too. 😄)

No, it’s not sarcasm lol. There are many different types of Christianity out there as well...

I’m glad to be here 😄