Prayer Requests (TW for death)

I'll start off by saying that I'm grounded, and on here now thanks to my parents (they said I could). Apparently one bad word gets you a week of  . . .  what, groundation? I have no idea. In any case, my mental health pretty much crashed and burned after that, and something happened that I'll tell you about when my groundence or whatever is over. 

Until then, could you pray for me? I'm also going to the hospital tonight so I'd appreciate it if I could get some prayers, thank you ❤️

And now for the death.

It's not long ago that I was on here, asking for prayer for my friend who passed. Now, another friend of mine has died, after a long battle with cancer. She was my Sunday School teacher and mentor, and her story was a very inspiring one. When she was diagnosed  several years ago, she was given a date, only a few months away, that she was going to die on. Well she didn't--she lived for several more years until today, just before noon. 

She had three kids, all of them were in school at the time, so if you could pray for them I would be very grateful. Thanks again ❤️ 

• Sad 2
6 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

I'll start off by saying that I'm grounded, and on here now thanks to my parents (they said I could). Apparently one bad word gets you a week of  . . .  what, groundation? I have no idea. In any case, my mental health pretty much crashed and burned after that, and something happened that I'll tell you about when my groundence or whatever is over. 

Until then, could you pray for me? I'm also going to the hospital tonight so I'd appreciate it if I could get some prayers, thank you ❤️

And now for the death.

It's not long ago that I was on here, asking for prayer for my friend who passed. Now, another friend of mine has died, after a long battle with cancer. She was my Sunday School teacher and mentor, and her story was a very inspiring one. When she was diagnosed  several years ago, she was given a date, only a few months away, that she was going to die on. Well she didn't--she lived for several more years until today, just before noon. 

She had three kids, all of them were in school at the time, so if you could pray for them I would be very grateful. Thanks again ❤️ 

I love you, Kate! I'm sorry, and I'm praying. ❤️

• Thanks 1

awww sweetie i'm so sorry you have lost another friend. and i'm sorry you are grounded but correction is good for us. i know you'll think twice before saying it again. praying for all you need.

i wrote this a long time ago and have shared it many times with those who were grieving. i hope it will comfort you...

You know, at the end of a day, when the sun disappears from view, the sky still glows with the sun’s beauty long after its departure. Its afterglow brings warmth to the heart of one viewing the heavenly masterpiece.

And the same occurs when a loved one disappears from our view; the afterglow of his or her presence lingers in our hearts long after that one has left our sight. The beauty of such a person never dies, for that one leaves behind so much of their character and personality.

Our hearts are always illuminated by the memories of their smile, their laughter, their kind words, the touch of their hand, and their love for God.

When we have lost a loved one, we may also look at it this way: Of the roses that climb the garden wall, some will blossom on the other side, being hidden from our view, but the vine keeps them joined together.

And so it is with the wall of death. It merely hides the other side; it does not divide. Our loved ones who have gone on to be with Jesus may be hidden from our view, but they have just blossomed on the other side. And, if we, who remain here, are also in Christ, then we are all united together, because the Vine keeps us together. ❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Praying for your friend's family, praying that your 'grounditation' will end up positive in some way, and praying that your hospital visit will be effective and met with whatever healing is needed.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Groundation??? Love the new word😂

I know of a girl who often got grounded when she was six. She would call it "groundation."

Why she did I don't exactly know, but I guess it's fitting.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I know of a girl who often got grounded when she was six. She would call it "groundation."

Why she did I don't exactly know, but I guess it's fitting.

Young children are masters at being able to hear spoken language, and figure it out without the aid of any instruction manuals. Thing is, they can't always get it right.

So when a child says, "It was gooder the last time I eated it," it's not because someone taught them all those words. They figured out other words, inferred the rules for our language, and while they got the right idea, they couldn't know of all the language exceptions we have. Yet they made a perfectly good guess. The six-year old you know of probably did the same thing.

• Like 2

Aw, Kate, I'm so sorry.  Remember to trust in the Lord, and rely on Him for strength, comfort, and encouragement.  Your parents love you too, and I'm sure that's why they decided to ground you.  Perhaps, in the long run, it will help you grow, and think about the things you say.

Remembering you in my prayers, and I love you, my friend.  God bless, and take you through this hard time.  ♥️

• Thanks 1