Asking for prayer for a dear friend

I have a prayer request for y'all.  A very dear, very special friend of mine is sick.  I'd really appreciate it if you could pray that God would see fit to heal him and keep him around a while longer.

See, the thing is ... he's a cat.

He's my cousin's cat, and his name is Mr. Boom Boom.  He's a little under 15 years old, and he hasn't eaten or drank any water for days.  My cousin took him to the emergency vet last Saturday night, and took him again today. They thought maybe it was his kidneys, but now they think there's something wrong with his digestive system.  

While I was typing out this post just now, she texted me and said he's missing.  She's sure she made him come inside, but now she can't find him anywhere.  She has searched her house twice and is looking again as I write this.  She said in her text that she's worried he may have somehow gotten back outside and went off to die.

Mr. Boom Boom is a really sweet, cuddly cat who's impossible not to love.  He has this funny mustache, and is literally the nicest boy ever.  I love him so much, but don't get to see him a lot because my cousin lives in Georgia.  When I'm visiting, Boom always sleeps with me and sits in my lap during movies.  

My family is planning a trip to see our family in Georgia next month, a month from tomorrow, actually, and I would just feel so awful, and sort of ... cheated, in a way, if Boom died a month before I was coming.  I want to see him again so bad.  It would mean so much if you would pray that God would let him hang on a while longer.  Thank you. 😿♥️

This is Boom.

IMG-20210411-WA0000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

UPDATE

Thank you so much, everyone, for your prayers.  They are so much appreciated. ❤️

My cousin found Mr. Boom Boom a little before 9:00 tonight.  He was hiding out in a laundry basket under the table.  It was such a relief to her, and me, to know he hadn't gotten back outside.  He came out a little while ago, and seemed a bit better, but she still can't get him to eat or drink at all.  Continued prayers would be great.  Once again, you all have my thanks.

• Like 4

Thanks again, all of you, for praying.

@Leah_Donavan I actually have no idea.  Yeah, not something I thought to ask my cousin when we were talking.

@carolinamtne Thank you!!  She took him to the emergency vet last Saturday night, and they thought it might be his kidneys, but now they're thinking maybe something else.  Earlier this week, she took him in for an ultrasound and they checked all his organs.  She might be getting the results today, I think, so I will post another update here as soon as I hear from her.

• Like 1

UPDATE

The vet thinks Mr. Boom Boom has intestinal lymphoma.  My cousin is now treating him with steroids and antibiotics, but if she can't get him to start eating again then it's all over.  And her latest text to me said he was worse this morning.  I feel really sad right now.  I love him so much...

Please keep praying that she can get him to eat!

• Like 1

ANOTHER UPDATE

I just texted with my cousin some more.  Boom hasn't eaten for six or seven days.  She's going to say goodbye to him tomorrow.  

💔

Please pray for me and my cousin.  He was a very special cat, and we're going to miss him so much.  I think I said in my original post that my family is going down there next month.  It really stinks that I won't get to see him.  Please pray for me tonight.  I'm just sitting in my room sobbing.  Actually, I haven't cried like this for a very long time.  

I'm going to video chat with my cousin later tonight, to say goodbye to Boom.

• Sad 3