I found a new job while on vacation.  i told them I wanted to give 2 weeks notice to my old job to do the honorable thing.  I gave my notice first day back from vacation and had more work piled on me.  The 21 of March I started my new job working 3rd shift at the local university for a contractor as a janitor.  I work Sunday through Thursday, off Friday and Saturday.  40 hours a week instead of 50-60.  I work the same shift everyday instead of rotating day by day and am actually sleeping on a set schedule.  I am feeling so much better now even though I am working harder than ever.  I lost $3 an hour by going to a new company but I earn credit for personal time off every week after 90 days, also paid holidays off and earn vacation time.  I was off Easter, not paid because it was less than 90 days.  My first paid holiday will be 4th of July, Memorial day is a day off also but not paid.  I have a health plan, 401k and the company puts a $50 credit on my account at Shoes For Crews every year.  I bought a $90 pair of New Balance shoes for $40.  Had to return the first 2 pair as my feet never fit a regular size, so I went to New Balance and had them fit me then the salesperson looked at the shoes I had ordered and went on the Shoes for Crews website and found a decent pair of NB shoes and that would fit me and wrote down all the info.  He had the same pair in stock so I bought a second pair from him.  I can switch work shoes every other day and I bought a pair of Redwing shoes for walking and outdoor non work activities  I have never owned $300 worth of shoes before, I always bought $15 WalMart boots.

I have been so rested I finished editing a coloring book for the grandkids.  Uploaded it to kindle direct and ordered them 5 copies.  I put each of their names in the book and had my dad draw the pictures (keeps him busy).

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Paul but not THE said:

Oooh!  Redwings!  Good stuff.  They quit making the kind I liked.

I went there because they still had customer service.  Measured my feet talked about what wanted and bought out a few pairs and kept in my budget.  You go to a store now and they just toss you a few shoes and say try them on, if you can get someone to help you.

So I got a call from my old employer, they offered me a $2000 sign on bonus and $20.55 an hour to come back.  Same crazy schedule, no medical, vacation starting from scratch after 1 year.   I am thinking of turning it down and sticking with my $11 an hour job.  All the money they offered is no good if I get sick and have to use ACA insurance from the website.  All the plans I saw had deductibles of $7500 or more and were $500 or more per month.  Just one month of meds for me is $540  i get them for $12 a month through a low income program.

I called the insurance company to cancel my insurance and got a call center who said no problem.  I got a bill for the unpaid amount die for this month and next so I called again.  They told me I have to cancel though the government website.  So I called the marketplace and canceled again, but now I owe for the half of month. So instead of $1000 for 2 months it will be $250 for the half.  In the the  three and half months they paid nothing as it was all under the deductible and I paid $1750 to say I had insurance.  Good old Affordable Care Act. 🤬