Prayer Request - Uncle with COVID-19

I have a prayer request for my uncle. He was just admitted to the hospital with a bad case of COVID-19.  He's a veteran in his 70's, incredibly smart and funny, and is saved. Could you please join me in praying for his quick recovery?

oh rebecca i'm so sorry. praying the Lord's hand of healing stays upon him and brings total healing and recovery. also praying for those who attend him. may the Lord give them extra knowledge and care, in Jesus' name ❤️

• Thanks 1

Thank you all so much for your prayers.❤️ My uncle is still in the hospital and can't breathe well. They're giving him COVID-19 antibodies and plasma. It's all complicated by the fact he's diabetic, too. They estimate he'll be in the hospital another two weeks, depending on how he responds. Continued prayers are greatly appreciated.

In other news, my aunt (sister of my uncle mentioned above) has a boyfriend. The other day he fell and was seriously injured to the point he couldn't even stand back up (too painful). He just had a hip replacement surgery and is in a lot of pain. My aunt isn't able to visit him in the hospital (because of COVID-19 restrictions) and this is seriously stressful for them both. Prayers are appreciated for them, as well.

• Sad 1

I'm so sorry to hear this. My husband was hospitlized for Covid pneumonia in October. We didn't know if he'd recover, but he did after ten days in the hospital and three weeks on oxygen. He still gets tired easily. His doctor said it could take a year before that passes. 

Praying for your uncle and for Rebecca's family too. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Thank you all so much for your prayers. ❤️🙂 My uncle seems to be doing slightly better and is now on just the oxygen tubes rather than the forced oxygen machine. We found out he also has pneumonia and he's working through that as well. They still think he will be in the VA about two weeks.

My aunt's boyfriend is in rehab for his hip now. My aunt should be able to visit him soon, which is a huge relief for her. But he's still not able to put any weight on it, so recovery will be a process.

• Like 3

so glad your uncle is doing better. continuing to pray he recovers completely. my mom broke her hip year's ago. horribly painful. so praying for your aunt's boyfriend (which i missed earlier, sorry). ❤️

• Thanks 1

Update: My uncle is doing much better and was sent home from the hospital to rest and recover. They're using tech to monitor him remotely. He's still weak and needs some serious rest, but seems to be on the road to recovery.

My aunt's boyfriend was moved to a new physical rehab facility that seems much nicer and has much better ratings, so we're happy about that. He didn't feel like he was getting the care he needed at the other one. He still has a long road to recovery, but it's a positive step forward.

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers. 🙂

• Like 5