I started shutting down my computer for the morning and the catch-line for an ad or website, which I used for this post's title,  caught my eye.  Just like the Church isn't the building, home isn't a place.  I've been having some bouts of depression recently, and a couple times I caught myself muttering, "I just wanna go home.  I just wanna go home."  I was on our property, where our house is, where I live, but "home" was something more.  I sure hope I'm not whining too much here, but I thought this was an appropriate idea we Christian writers could consider. 

I'm healing.  We're healing.  Days are getting brighter and brighter. 

Keep Jesus first!  He is truly ALL we need.

Edited by Paul but not THE
Clean up wording a bit
  • Like 1

great thought paul. let me add a divergent yet complementary thought. home is a place, a place here on earth where we live with those we love. so home is any place they are, which can be migratory. but that deeper soul-longing is to be in that glorious fixed place called heaven, to be with the One we love more than anyone. THAT Home is definitely the place our hearts long to be for eternity. ❤️

1 hour ago, Paul but not THE said:

I'm healing.  We're healing.  Days are getting brighter and brighter.

so glad you both are healing. praying for you. ❤️

• Like 2

Your post reminded me of this passage in Hebrews:

"All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen and welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. And indeed if they had been thinking of that country which they left, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them." -- Hebrews 11:13-16

~and~

...This world is not my home, I'm just a-passing through My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue; The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, And I can't feel at home in this world anymore....