The Official I'm Grateful for You All Party

Since we were busy adoring the moderators and some other fine folk on another forum, I was given the okay to have an "I'm Grateful for You All" party! So, feel free to bring snacks (and maybe tissues, depending on how emotional you are) and share why you're grateful for us. (Hopefully, you are! 😄)

I'm grateful for all y'all because of the advice (writing-related or not), the friendly people (and the crazy ones, too...*cough @ThePerilousPen and @Just_Me_*), and how amiable we all are to each other. We also have our fun, too, with our share of memes and giving each other random sweet treats because we feel like it. You're very open to prayer requests and won't back down when another one comes in, and you're willing to share your own. You won't stop with showering love on us all, even when you don't feel like showering love. And we have plenty of laughs around here; too many to count! Most importantly, we're all here because we love the Lord and want to use our writing for glorying Him and His Kingdom!

I'm also grateful for the moderators on here. They're proactive in keeping the site up, adding new things (and fixing the old) when need be, and always lending a helping hand. I don't know what would happen to this site without them! @lynnmosher is practically a second mom! 😄

Alright, that's my mini gratitude message. I'll bring snacks later. 😜

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That's very warm and kind of you, Ky_G...  I think i tend to be most grateful for people, and we have (and are part of) a group that's fun, interesting, friendly, and caring. It's almost hard to grasp the fact that I've never actually met any of you... it really seems as though i have...

• Like 3

I consider Christianwriters.com to be my on-line fellowship.  Since I joined back in 2018, I've been developing friendships with many of you.  We've been sharing prayers, and exchanging godly advice.  Some of the advice I've received here has been very helpful to me.  I also hope that some things I've posted have been helpful to some of you.  

While the pandemic has caused the actual Church where I attend physical worship, to cut back on many of it's activities, here on the internet that has never been necessary.

However, we cannot have any real worship services, or actual communions.  I will also probably never meet any of you physically.  But you are still among my Christian friends.  Some of your on-line writings are very helpful sermons, or sermonettes, from which I feel blessed by having read them. 

Thank you my on-line Christian friends.  I ask the Lord to give His full blessings to all of you.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.  

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

I will also probably never meet any of you physically.

Hey, we'll see each other in glory one day. 🙂 That's a great thing to look forward to!

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

gotta run for tissues

Several years ago this appeared in our church bulletin. It's from a liturgy book by Lavon Bailer. My Sunday School students made carriers for tissue boxes from pipe cleaners and straws to share with the church. 

As God wipes away our tears, we are called to be tissue-bearers to the world. When there is pain and suffering, the church has a healing mission. Where there is doubt and despair, we offer hope's embrace. 

This people in this group have been tissue-bearers to its members, who then, I am convinced, have born(e) tissues in our communities. I have also found, as others, support, encouragement, answers to questions, constructive critiques, and on and on. I am grateful for all of the above and more than I can put into words. I value each and everyone as a friend.

• Like 3

I am grateful for the advice, learning so much, the jokes and fun times and showing us how to continue to focus on the Lord in whatever we do!  Thank you my online friends!  I have learned,laughed,prayed, and got support.  Y'all have been great!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Hey, we'll see each other in glory one day. 🙂 That's a great thing to look forward to!

that's what makes this site so unusual. we are bound as a family and will share eternity together. each member brings his or her own special talents, flair, and spicy flavor to the mixture. and with the Lord as the main ingredient, we have a pretty tasty stew. 😉 we each come to learn and to share what we know. and share in laughter, in upsets, in disagreements, in prayer requests, and in love. and for all the years @Rebeccahas seen fit to allow me to moderate, i am truly grateful. for without being here, i wouldn't have learned what i have. and i'm grateful for those in the past as well as all of you. the Lord bless you all in whatever you do. ❤️

• Like 6
4 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

I totally agree.  However, I'm not in any hurry.  I can wait.

I feel like Paul. He wanted to leave this earth, yet at the same time he didn't want to for the sake of the believers.

But while we're here, we had better make the most out of it for the glory of God. 🙂

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

But while we're here, we had better make the most out of it for the glory of God. 🙂

As for making the most of it, here is a copy of a non-fiction article I wrote back in 2009.  I wanted to post it here, but I'm having trouble doing so on Critique & Feedback.  So here is a link to the article which is posted on writing.com.

www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131890-The-Minor-Works-of-God

If anyone reading this is also a member of that website, you're invited to leave a review there.  If not you can leave it here; or both sites.

Thank you.

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

Do you remember exactly where it was posted on this website?  I've searched the Reading Room, but I couldn't find it there.

I think it was either the Reading Room or the Christian Fiction club...I'll go search the latter.

13 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

I've just checked out the Clubs.   The article, "The Minor Works of God" is posted in the Faith, Revelation & Theology Club.

Ohhh, okay. Glad you found it!

I don't know ... there's too much to say!  And if I try to get started, I just know I'd end up rambling nonsensically ...

I'm truly grateful for y'all.  I'm so glad God led me here.  It was a blessed change from the anger, disagreements, and unfair biases of the last writing forum I was a member of.  

I think one of the things I appreciate the most about this site and all you wonderful people on it, is the fact that we are allowed to have mature, intelligent, helpful discussions about serious topics, even ones some of us may differ on.  The disagreements that may be found here are not hateful, not petty, and not stupid.  It's great that we can talk about these things, and also learn from and about each other.

... and here I am rambling away, just like I said, eh? 😉

Just ... thank you.  Each and every one of you.  God bless.

• Like 4

I agree with Grey Skies.  It is great to discuss - not just writing stuff but general everyday things, and I love the humour and pictures. 

The support and encouragement I have received here has been incredible.  I just hope I give back as much. I am really enjoying writing and for the first time in my life don't feel that it is an odd thing to do. 

• Like 3

Due to my health issues I have had this past winter and into this spring, I have found I can rely on the Christian Writers people to pray for me. This means a lot to me. Close Family-wise, there is my husband and my son. We have a nephew in Oklahoma. His health precludes him from traveling. Hubby's health is not good either. I appreciate the prayers of all of you.

• Like 2