had a really bad day yesterday and i wasn't up to posting these.  sorry. for those who do not know, johnny hart was THE best cartoonist. he was a Christian and drew the cartoon b.c. his Easter ones were the greatest.

image.png.28e171cad5ad5bf5971d76b0738102ca.png

• Like 3

Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday lynn. Praying you feel better soon. How is the hand?

Johnny Hart - For a moment i thought you were referring to a British cartoonist who use to do Morp the clay figure, I remember watching him on a kids TV program call ' Playhouse' but I googled and saw there was an American artist of the same name. 

Both very talented and missed.

• lynnmosher changed the title to The BEST Easter cartoons

Johnny Hart grew up just a few miles from where I live, and he's still fondly remembered in this area. He was always very generous in donating custom comic art for use by various local parks, events, and such. Signs featuring his art can still be found all around the place. It's probably just coincidence, but it was always helpful that the initials B.C. were able to be given a double meaning with "Broome County," which is the locale in which we live...

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Paul but not THE said:

Never mind.  I'm guessing I didn't catch the whole post 'til after edits

lol i posted the title as cartons instead of cartoons but changed it 😆

30 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

oh wow! that's really interesting wes. thanks for sharing that. just adds to my admiration for him. 😃

He was a very kind and generous man. I never met him, though I suppose there were ample opportunities to do so, and sometimes we don't even think that eventually all opportunities will be gone. So we never act. (There's a lesson there...)

He coauthored another comic strip, called "The Wizard of ID," If you search out examples, you'll immediately see the same drawing style in the characters. In that strip, he occasionally made references to various things local to us, but in a way that other readers would still find funny, without knowing there was also an "insider" joke hidden in a strip.

Edited by Wes B
2 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

had a really bad day yesterday and i wasn't up to posting these.  sorry. for those who do not know, johnny hart was THE best cartoonist. he was a Christian and drew the cartoon b.c. his Easter ones were the greatest.

image.png.28e171cad5ad5bf5971d76b0738102ca.png

Great!  You can take a day off Lynn...

2 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Yes, please rest! I know you're a spring chicken, but you've got to chill sometimes.

lol my nature is to chill! 😅 and i'm certaonly no spring chicken. but thank you 😆

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Yes, you are! We all are at heart! 😄

I guess...except for those of us who are insane Muj birds at heart...

11 hours ago, Zee said:

guess...except for those of us who are insane Muj birds at heart...

Wait, what's a Muj bird? The Internet is telling me that that's a ukelele song of some sort...

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart