Any science fiction writers looking for a betta partner?

If you are a science fiction writer and need a betta, I'd love to help in exchange for assistance myself.

I'm in the process of writing a novel, and since I don't plan my books, sometimes my plots can get a bit warped. Plus, editing is a struggle for me. 

That being said, characters and suspense are my strong holds. I know what to say to make readers feel what I want them to feel. I also get bored super easily with books, so I can help identify slow spots. 

Here are a few other details...

My writing is 100% clean. 

I have close to no tolerance for romance so if your book is all about love I will be a terrible betta for you. I'm sorry 😂

Everything I write is sci-fi, but when I say sci-fi I don't mean aliens, I mean technology and special abilities. (But I do love aliens, so if your story includes them I'll be ecstatic.) 

I subconsciously infuse my Christian beliefs into my stories, but only on small levels.  

I need someone who is honest but kind about it. I'll be the same in return. 

I have a bad habit of using unnecessarily long words. It's not intentional I promise. 

My novels are directed at youth readers. 

And I'm a terribly slow reader, so you'll have to be patient with me. 

Please let me know if you're interested! 

-Asia

• Like 2

I used to read a little sci-fi (Robert Lynn Asprin and Michael Moorcock) but my story is far from it.  You'd probably like the setting.  It's very clean --some have said I need to dirty up my characters more, but who'd want to go there then?  My plot isn't necessarily to shove Christianity on anyone, but, hopefully, my main characters come across as Christians quickly.  Chapter numbering needs work, but here's the first installment of mine and see if you'd like to take a stab at it.  http://ognyen.blogspot.com/2017/08/rt-mac-story-through-chapter-5.html

• Like 1

It sounds like we write similar genres (except I prefer fantasy and superpowers), and I agree on the no romance thing! 😛  I would beta read for you except my current book is still a work in progress. 😅  Good luck!

1 hour ago, Just_Me_ said:

It sounds like we write similar genres (except I prefer fantasy and superpowers), and I agree on the no romance thing! 😛  I would beta read for you except my current book is still a work in progress. 😅  Good luck!

So is mine! I’m only half way done with writing it. If you’re still interested let me know!

• Like 1

@Asia JohnsonI'll let you know when I finished it!  I prefer to fine tune mine for errors before beta readers so that they can pick up on details other than things like grammar, obvious plot holes, etc!  Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind!

Edited by Just_Me_
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Just_Me_ said:

@Asia JohnsonI'll let you know when I finished it!  I prefer to fine tune mine for errors before beta readers so that they can pick up on details other than things like grammar, obvious plot holes, etc!  Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind!

Ok, let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 4:43 PM, Asia Johnson said:

Please let me know if you're interested! 

I know I've already made this clear, but ME!

Also, I'm writing my fantasy project chapter-by-chapter too, so if you wanna critique each other's work, that would be awesome! 

• 2 weeks later...