1 hour ago, Jeff Potts said:

Assuming Laub turned you down for literary representation, what do you think the chances are that his imprint will pick up your book?

I'd tell your friend to give it a shot. The worst thing that can happen is that your friend gets a rejection.

• Like 1

Just for the lark - I am going to sub. 

I won't get accepted because I don't write from to criteria:

'It arises from the Evangelical Christian worldview.'

Have to say, very groovy website. 🤣

• Like 1

OK - Question - why is  a highly successful LA  setting up a publishing company when he could carry on working as LA?

Puzzled  I am.

Have to say I don't recognize any of the authors mentioned in his bio - but I am a Brit.

Looking at the 'Books' section very sic-fi/fantasy genre.  

On conclusion probably a waste of time for me to apply.

Yeah, it's Sci-fi / Fantasy.

I personally don't understand why you'd be a literary agent when you're also a publisher, unless you're farming for your publishing house.  In which case, he turned me down once.

Then again, virtually every literary agent I've seen was also publishing their own works as well.  So not only do I have to compete with other writers for a space on the bookshelf, I also have to compete with the literary agent as well.

• Like 1

I can't speak to the situation with the agent/publishing house, but I do know they have had Christy Award finalists and winners coming from there, so that speaks to their quality, I think.

• Like 1