Haha, nope! I'm still basking in glory over a successful prank a friend and I pulled on my piano teacher back in 2019 (yes, I know it was two years ago, but let me be lol). I'm not really a prankster...

Or am I?! *evil grin*

• Like 2

I usually bring some wild (insect-based, most often) edible to our closest church fellowship dinner.  I got got one year, myself.  An elderly woman brought some beautiful chicken-fried steaks to a 1 April dinner one year.  I took two, since they looked so good.  She sat across from me and smiled as I took my first bite --"How do you like 'em?"  I wasn't expecting chicken-fried liver.  I took 'em, so I struggled through both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Paul but not THE said:

I wasn't expecting chicken-fried liver.  I took 'em, so I struggled through both.

Well, at least you ate what's considered to be healthy! 😄

If I were her, I would've just let you suffer before telling you what it was. 😜

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart
  • Like 1

Here's a beautiful spoof, showing how easy it is to get taken in, on form over substance:

If anyone has worked in a corporate environment, this takes all the jargon and lingo, and presents it better than anything you've seen before. If you enjoy learning from whiteboard videos, this one is more beautiful. Very colorful, eye catching graphics, brilliantly synchronized to the music. For a while, it's a pleasure to watch.

Only problem is... it doesn't say anything...

Just like lots of the other presentations we've fidgeted our way through. Only difference is, this one made it look good. It helps show why the Dilbert cartoons are funny, and why they're all true...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Haha, nope! I'm still basking in glory over a successful prank a friend and I pulled on my piano teacher back in 2019 (yes, I know it was two years ago, but let me be lol). I'm not really a prankster...

What was it?

15 hours ago, Wes B said:

Here's a beautiful spoof, showing how easy it is to get taken in, on form over substance:

If anyone has worked in a corporate environment, this takes all the jargon and lingo, and presents it better than anything you've seen before. If you enjoy learning from whiteboard videos, this one is more beautiful. Very colorful, eye catching graphics, brilliantly synchronized to the music. For a while, it's a pleasure to watch.

Only problem is... it doesn't say anything...

Just like lots of the other presentations we've fidgeted our way through. Only difference is, this one made it look good. It helps show why the Dilbert cartoons are funny, and why they're all true...

He got almost all the popular keywords in there!  I didn't, however, hear "sustainability" or "carbon footprint".  My son would love this!

12 hours ago, Sarah Daffy said:

What was it?

Back in 2019 (and maybe somewhere in 2018), there was this TikTok trend going around that involved popping necks. A person would put a piece of pasta or something crunchy, such as a pretzel, in their mouth before asking someone to pop their neck. When the person did so, the person with the food in his mouth would bite down on the food and act as if he was in pain.

Anyhoo, my friend and I decided to do this on my piano teacher. WeLl.....

My piano teacher wouldn't pop my friend's neck because she was scared to hurt her. (We'll call my friend Alexis.) Alexis and I were in my teacher's living room practicing piano (I didn't have a piano yet), and I just decided that I'd "pop" her neck and then get my piano teacher.

I just had to holler for my piano teacher to come because I'd popped Alexis's neck. Worked beautifully. Somehow, my teacher has neck issues; so she was telling Alexis to lie on the floor in some position that my brain can't explain at the current moment. Then we exclaimed it was a prank.

Fun  indeed. XD

We have a running joke about Bigfoot sightings in my family (long story). 😄 I got up before hubby and pretended to be shocked when I looked at the computer. I acted excited and asked if he'd seen the news. He hadn't. He was still in bed.

I then explained that they'd actually caught Bigfoot and asked him if he wanted to see the pictures. Of course he did, and... April Fools! 😄

I got my mom on the same joke a bit later. None of my older kids fell for it, though. 😆

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Wes B said:

If anyone has worked in a corporate environment, this takes all the jargon and lingo, and presents it better than anything you've seen before.

Hahaha!! 🤣 I work in a corporate environment and got a kick out of this. I always tell hubby how irritating and pretentious all the "corporate speak" is. Although, I don't think I heard the term "laser focused" anywhere in the video. Or, "teamwork makes the dreamwork." There are a couple other ones I'm tired of hearing, but I don't remember them at the moment. Or maybe I'm mentally blocking them out. Thankfully, it's Friday! 😄

16 hours ago, Accord64 said:

Is it appropriate to post this here? IMPORTANT!

That's a blast from the past! 🤣 Love it!

The last April Fool's joke I played was on my husband. We had been married about five months. I told him something that alluded to my being pregnant. He froze up. I never tried to do April fool's jokes again.