"Community isn't just about getting help or advice from others. It's about giving it too. As writers, words are some of the most natural gifts we can offer. With that in mind, choose a recent book you loved and give it a review, tag the author in a social media shout-out, or message them directly just to tell them you appreciated their work. It means a lot, trust me."

You know, I never thought about just how much it means to belong to a group such as Christian Writer until I read this post.  

How much does it mean to you to get group feedback?

• Like 8

I've been blogging and involved with online content creation for nine years so far. It makes a huge difference once you find your community. And these meta-communities of fellow content creators are often the most fun and encouraging. Surely you have paid attention to why you keep coming back here day after week after year, @suspensewriter.

For me it is a place to help others they way I was (often on CW, which I joined when I didn't even know which blogging platform I should go with) and to just hang out with people who care about the same things I do that few people IRL are even aware of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i joined 14 years ago. whew! hard to believe it's been that long. i have gained sooooooo much in so many areas, such as knowledge, relationships, encouragement, and more. i could never have learned or grown as a writer without this place. Rebecca has allowed this site to be a breeding ground for ideas, creative endeavors, comraderie, and for sharing faith. and a safe place to voice differing opinions. all thanks go to her for her generosity. ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

i joined 14 years ago. whew! hard to believe it's been that long. i have gained sooooooo much in so many areas, such as knowledge, relationships, encouragement, and more. i could never have learned or grown as a writer without this place. Rebecca has allowed this site to be a breeding ground for ideas, creative endeavors, comraderie, and for sharing faith. and a safe place to voice differing opinions. all thanks go to her for her generosity.

Wow! This site is considerably aged now! How long has it been around?!

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

gosh i don't remember. @Rebeccawill have to answer that

I just checked because I didn't know offhand, either. 😄 Looks like I bought the domain in 1999. Ancient in Internet time!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Rebecca has allowed this site to be a breeding ground for ideas, creative endeavors, comraderie, and for sharing faith. and a safe place to voice differing opinions. all thanks go to her for her generosity.

Lynn is being too modest. We all know this place wouldn't be the same without Lynn, her welcoming personality, and her Peanuts avatars! 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I just checked because I didn't know offhand, either. 😄 Looks like I bought the domain in 1999. Ancient in Internet time!

WOW! Almost 22 years ago...

Suddenly, I feel older.

13 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Lynn is being too modest. We all know this place wouldn't be the same without Lynn, her welcoming personality, and her Peanuts avatars!

Yes, definitely!! We most certainly love Lynn!!! 😄❤️

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart
  • Thanks 1

feedback (giving and receiving) is a great encourager.  I found this group after leaving Facebook, just to keep a little encouragement going.

I should e-mail Frank Peretti and confess that I've not read any of his novels, but, I HAVE read and subsequently bought many hand-out copies of his "The Wounded Spirit"

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

What did you think of it?

I read it on a dare from a friend.  I was hooked after the first page.  I expected it to be a see-how-terrible-my-childhood-was sort of book, but it quite fairly explored all sides of bullying.  I think it should be a must-read for anyone who deals regularly with kids.

• Like 1

Thanks for bringing this up @suspensewriter.

I appreciate the honesty from most members, but it's the "truth in love" kind both in the critique forums and elsewhere here. 

Several of you don't pull any punches 😉 but's it's meant to build up, to make the writer stronger, rather than to tear down. 

Glad God led me here.

Edited by RockyMtn Gal
  • Thanks 1