Has anyone ever been bitten by a dog?

Does being bitten (seriously) by a cat count? She was twirling around my legs, so I thought she could be picked up. She didn't! I had some pretty serious puncture wounds in my hand.

No infection, no rabies, just some pain.

Edited by carolinamtne
6 hours ago, ThePerilousPen said:

yeah I'm the person who breaks a bone or cracks their head open and goes "WHOA MAD" (seriously, I was so happy when I sprained my ankle this summer, I thought it was so cool. not to mention when I feel off a 12-15 foot drop  into the middle of a creek that was filled with rocks and sticks and mud! it was about midnight, we were at summer camp, and I got so many cuts. it was mad fun, though, since it was for a game. that's how I sprained my ankle--I fell off three times) 

*literally cannot say anything*

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

*literally cannot say anything*

😆

TO BE FAIR

The game we were playing involved stealing glow sticks from trees, and since it was night out (late night) they had glow sticks all along the edge of the cliff to keep anyone from falling off. Buuut even though it was against the rules, people took the low sticks anyway, so I couldn't see anything at all XD so I have an excellent excuse lol!

11 hours ago, ThePerilousPen said:

TO BE FAIR

The game we were playing involved stealing glow sticks from trees, and since it was night out (late night) they had glow sticks all along the edge of the cliff to keep anyone from falling off. Buuut even though it was against the rules, people took the low sticks anyway, so I couldn't see anything at all XD so I have an excellent excuse lol!

Why would anyone make that a game?!? My life, I'd imagine your parents were mad at whoever was in charge. (Or maybe somebody else's parents were mad.)

12 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Why would anyone make that a game?!? My life, I'd imagine your parents were mad at whoever was in charge. (Or maybe somebody else's parents were mad.)

oh nah they weren't mad, my dad thought it was funny too 😄 

it's Baptist summer camp, anything can happen. It was all girls playing, thank God, or else I would have been thrown off that ledge (not even kidding, I know a lot of guys who would love to pick me up and chuck me over the edge 😆

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ThePerilousPen said:

it's Baptist summer camp, anything can happen. It was all girls playing, thank God, or else I would have been thrown off that ledge (not even kidding, I know a lot of guys who would love to pick me up and chuck me over the edge 😆

Yeahhhh....I don't think I'd like to go to that camp. XD I'll just casually go to the one down in Tennessee even though THE ONE HERE IN KENTUCKY IS PERFECTLY FINE!! BUT NO, BECAUSE IT'S OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*

On 4/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, carolinamtne said:

Does being bitten (seriously) by a cat count? She was twirling around my legs, so I thought she could be picked up. She didn't! I had some pretty serious puncture wounds in my hand.

No infection, no rabies, just some pain.

Oooh, I've heard cat bites are really bad

On 4/1/2021 at 9:47 PM, ThePerilousPen said:

😆

TO BE FAIR

Y'all was wild!! Lolll man that's so crazy. But you sound like you have lots of interesting stories to tell your children

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Yeahhhh....I don't think I'd like to go to that camp. XD I'll just casually go to the one down in Tennessee even though THE ONE HERE IN KENTUCKY IS PERFECTLY FINE!! BUT NO, BECAUSE IT'S OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*

Old as in swarming with old people, or old as in decrepit and needs to be condemned? Or just old as in boringgg?

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Kells said:

Old as in swarming with old people, or old as in decrepit and needs to be condemned? Or just old as in boringgg?

I guess old as in decrepit. XD That's what the pastor who's in charge of that camp said. I like that one though. Plenty of great memories. 😛

On 3/31/2021 at 11:55 AM, Kells said:

It's a plot point in my story, but I want to know some real life experiences with getting bitten by a dog. How serious was it? Did it require hospitalization? What were some of the effects of being bitten? 

Does it count when as a kid the dog gives a nasty snap, then you get hopping mad, grab the mutt and all but Mike Tyson that thing's ear? And you start wailing at the top of your lungs, while the dog is yelping just as bad. And your mom comes outside demanding to know what's going on? Between sobs and wails you report, "Brownie started it!"

4 minutes ago, OLMG said:

Does it count when as a kid the dog gives a nasty snap, then you get hopping mad, grab the mutt and all but Mike Tyson that thing's ear? And you start wailing at the top of your lungs, while the dog is yelping just as bad. And your mom comes outside demanding to know what's going on? Between sobs and wails you report, "Brownie started it!"

Oh I'm sorry for laughing, but that is hilarious!! "Brownie started it!" 😂😂😂 that whole scene is playing in my head. So hilarous

On 4/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, ThePerilousPen said:

HAHA I probably won't have kids 😕 

Do you not like kids or want a career that wouldn't give you enough time to raise them?

6 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Do you not like kids or want a career that wouldn't give you enough time to raise them?

Kids don't like me (and babies and I. . .  we don't get along. I'm pretty sure I've dropped a baby before) 

and yeah, I want to be an actress, so I'm not sure how that would work.  .  . but having kids also depends on the guy I marry and what his preferences are. I guess the main thing is that I'm not huge on the idea (okay fine I hate the idea)of giving birth so yeah, lol 

2 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

Kids don't like me (and babies and I. . .  we don't get along. I'm pretty sure I've dropped a baby before) 

and yeah, I want to be an actress, so I'm not sure how that would work.  .  . but having kids also depends on the guy I marry and what his preferences are. I guess the main thing is that I'm not huge on the idea (okay fine I hate the idea)of giving birth so yeah, lol 

You sound like one of my friends. Lol! She claims that kids don't like her. It's ironic how half of my Sunday school class likes young children (I fall into that category) and the other half prefers animals.  And there's six of us girls that are there regularly... 😜

Why'd you drop a baby?!? The poor thing! XD

Ooooooohhh, actress, I see. You have to let me know when you get a role somewhere in the future (Lord willing, ofc). Then I might watch the movie. Might, mind you, might.

49 minutes ago, ThePerilousPen said:

OOOH LIKE DRAGONS?

AND DOGS? =D 

One of them has a dog whom she thought was going to die the other week since he was puking and all that lovely stuff, one of them just likes animals (I'm not sure if she has any pets), and the other has two cats--one adult, one about two years old. The older hates the younger and likes hissing at her. XD

Almost, when I was six.  I was pulling my little red wagon through the housing area of an Air Force base, when a large dog ran at me to, as I perceived, take chunk out of me.  Thankfully, the dog couldn’t out distance his chain, and the menace lurched to a halt.   I raised a stick at the dog as he continued to bark, and the lady of the house ran out up to confront me, screaming “Don’t you dare hurt that dog!”  Dog owners can be too loyal sometimes.

1 hour ago, Ragamuffin_John said:

I raised a stick at the dog as he continued to bark, and the lady of the house ran out up to confront me, screaming “Don’t you dare hurt that dog!”  Dog owners can be too loyal sometimes.

Yeah, sometimes I don't understand that...I still think that she'd probably be yelling at you not to hurt him if he'd actually bitten you quite nicely.

• Haha 1