On 3/30/2021 at 1:35 PM, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Plain yogurt with apple slices and banana slices (and honey).

I'm planning on eating one of those ice cream thingies on a stick soon. 😜

I have never tried honey on apple or banana...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could go for one of those ice cream thingies on a stick, too!

And I would eat the whole tub!!!!

Oh, yes... I like brown rice, and for sushi you use the short-grained stuff, which has a lot more of the sticky starch that clumps together well. By "mostly mango and coconut" I meant additional ingre

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tom Scott said:

Dried mangoes!

Mangoes in every form are amazing! With coconut, or especially a coconut flavored rice, they're crazy good!!

For the real adventurous, some Indian cooking uses a dried, green mango powder called amchoor, which adds this tangy **zing!!** to everything it touches. Veggies, meats, fruit salads, it don't matter what you put it on... it's wonderful stuff...

34 minutes ago, jennifer1113 said:

I have never tried honey on apple or banana...

I wasn't actually putting the honey on the apple and banana slices. The yogurt is already plain; so I squeezed some honey into the yogurt to make it taste sweeter. Made it taste much better.

2 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I wasn't actually putting the honey on the apple and banana slices. The yogurt is already plain; so I squeezed some honey into the yogurt to make it taste sweeter. Made it taste much better.

Aww..that makes more sense.  I am not a big yogurt person.  I only like it frozen...

2 hours ago, Wes B said:

Mangoes in every form are amazing! With coconut, or especially a coconut flavored rice, they're crazy good!!

For the real adventurous, some Indian cooking uses a dried, green mango powder called amchoor, which adds this tangy **zing!!** to everything it touches. Veggies, meats, fruit salads, it don't matter what you put it on... it's wonderful stuff...

Wow, I didn't know all this about indian food?

29 minutes ago, jennifer1113 said:

ww..that makes more sense.  I am not a big yogurt person.  I only like it frozen...

I haven't had frozen yogurt since I was five or six (or maybe even four)! Mmm...sounds good though..

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, jennifer1113 said:

Wow, I didn't know all this about indian food?

Don't get me started... Talking to people I meet and past coworkers often turned to their ethnic foods, and it was so enlightening... I've always been amazed that in a country like India, with myriad spices literally growing wild in the fields & foliage, that they'd even think they had to dink with the mangoes too. But they hit that one out of the park...

Going back to the OP with sweet snacks, google pani puri and see what you think. It's an amazing Indian street food. They start with these special disks of dough that when fried, puff up into these crispy hollow spheres, a little smaller than golf balls. They're watertight, and they tap a little hole in 'em, and fill them with all kinds of things. (Some are sweet, so they fit in this thread...)

An Indian gentleman in my Toastmasters club introduced us to these things, and I went absolutely wild over 'em...

3 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Yogurt is wonderfully creamy stuff... it blooms in your mouth if you flavor it up right... like eating super-thick, flavored whipped cream.

I'll stir in a little powdered drink mix for the flavor, sweeten just a bit, then add in a bunch of diced fruit, that kinda' matches whatever flavor I put in. Usually I'll have more fruit than yogurt, so it ends up as really creamy fruit, rather than fruity yogurt. Then stir in a handful of walnuts and it's amazing...

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Wes B said:

Don't get me started... Talking to people I meet and past coworkers often turned to their ethnic foods, and it was so enlightening... I've always been amazed that in a country like India, with myriad spices literally growing wild in the fields & foliage, that they'd even think they had to dink with the mangoes too. But they hit that one out of the park...

Going back to the OP with sweet snacks, google pani puri and see what you think. It's an amazing Indian street food. They start with these special disks of dough that when fried, puff up into these crispy hollow spheres, a little smaller than golf balls. They're watertight, and they tap a little hole in 'em, and fill them with all kinds of things. (Some are sweet, so they fit in this thread...)

An Indian gentleman in my Toastmasters club introduced us to these things, and I went absolutely wild over 'em...

They look good, I would try one. I am glad that you were able to stumble onto great foods!

1 hour ago, jennifer1113 said:

They look good, I would try one. I am glad that you were able to stumble onto great foods!

Usually when in conversation, it's easy to turn the topic toward food. (It's a subject that interests everyone, but in different ways...) In a way, that's what everybody's doing in this thread. If the person is from a faraway place, you're likely to hear about brand new, wonderful things. If you show enough interest, you may even make a friend.

My wife's family is all from Lebanon, and I've been fortunate to be exposed to a lot of Middle Eastern food. Trying at least to present the illusion that I'm in the topic of this thread, they have this amazing cake, called namura, that's unlike any normal cake we eat over here. Appearance and texture of thin sheet cornbread, and Instead of being covered with icing, it's soaked-through with a sweet syrup. I play around with non-traditional flavorings in the syrup, like using molasses, or orange juice concentrate, though more traditionally, they use rosewater, or, lacking that, vanilla. It has very unexpected ingredients. F'rexample, instead of having eggs to hold it all together, it's packed with yogurt. It's very yummy stuff...

1 hour ago, PenName said:

Does drinking something sweet count? To continue with @Wes B's theme of Indian food, I had Masala Chai this morning. 

Sounds great! For another sweet Indian drink, try a Mango Lhassi -- yogurt, mango puree, and a little sweetener. I like to thin it down to make it more easily drinkable with skim milk. or on a real hot day, a bunch of shaved ice...

...for those of us with facial hair... a napkin is mandatory...

Edited by Wes B
  • Like 2